2020 LSU Recruiting Thread (5 Viewers)

The hits keep on coming!

FYI... He's a HS teammate of TE, Arik Gibson and previously was committed to Tennessee. 247 currently has him ranked as the #9 WDE in the country.

This puts LSU at 24 commits with one spot left open for Guillory and the need to add an OT to this class still. Someone is going to be unhappy in a couple months.

Last edited:
IF.....a big IF, LSU can beat Bama and make it to the playoffs, I think that could change the landscape of the SEC West and LSU. They are riding a serious wave right now and continued success will just boost the high. God forbid they steal a title.....

Orgeron had a plan and stuck to it. Our trenches are better and continually getting better. It's just taken some time. He's made critical changes that has helped the program ascend. I truly think he knows the pay day will come if there is success on the field. LSU is red hot right now. Lots of buzz. Gotta block out the noise and take care of Auburn at home this weekend. That will set the stage for an epic battle with the Crimson tide.

Just find a way to keep Joe Brady. He has been as important as Joe Burrow.

The only thing I disagree with in that is the statement I bolded. Nobody can deny that Miles left the cupboard bare with the lines and question marks at QB and recruiting
In only Orgeron's second season, he exceeded the expectations of the national pundits and we were ranked 6th. In his third season, we are ranked #1 and #2, have beaten 3 Top Ten teams, have a top recruiting class, and are recruiting from out of state better than I have ever seen

I don't believe I have ever seen a program right itself so quickly and set themselves up for sustained success. This doesn't look to be a flash in the pan season. The defense is getting the talent to get back to the level we are used to (honestly the only thing we are missing is the push up the middle) and we have good QBs looking to come here now

This happened faster than anybody could have realistically expected

Maybe I'm naive, but I don't think Orgeron cares about the payday. Maybe if he was at SC, then maybe he's has an agent arguing for $6 million a season after this year. I just get the sense that Orgeron is happy with something competitive as long as he's coaching right down the road from his boyhood home. The way he's setting the program up, he's not going anywhere for a long, long time.

Some notes regarding two big time players with interest in LSU...

Jordan Burch, DL, Columbia (SC) Hammond School

Why he’s in the news: The No. 2 recruit in the 247Sports Composite released a top-5 on Monday of (in alphabetical order) Alabama, Clemson, Georgia, LSU and South Carolina. The five-star defensive end is coming off his first official visit of the process to LSU, highlighted by the Tigers' win over Auburn.

What we think will happen: “I think LSU is just a dark horse at this stage,” Geaux247 insider Shea Dixon said. “I think the most important thing to Burch’s recruitment is his mother. I think his plays a big role in his decision so just as big as having Jordan on campus was LSU getting his mom on the official visit as well. LSU is pitching him on the chance of early playing time with turnover coming on the defensive line with the current roster. LSU landed an unofficial visit in the spring and continued to recruit Burch despite playing from behind Clemson, South Carolina, Georgia and Alabama. In the public’s eyes those have been the schools to beat but Burch has maintained he’s open to exploring all options. At this point having Burch in Death Valley for a Top10 win gives the Tigers reason to feel they’re in the mix but now they’ll have to wait out four more official visits to other schools before we know which way he’s truly leaning.”
Marcus Dumervil, OT, Fort Lauderdale (Fla.) St. Thomas Aquinas

Why he’s in the news: The Top100 recruit and No. 11 offensive tackle in the 247Sports Composite is picking up more steam on the 247Sports Crystal Ball in favor of LSU.

What we think will happen: Dumervil has taken three of his official visits with LSU and Oklahoma getting their opportunity back in the spring and Florida earlier this month where he saw the Gators knock off Auburn. We expect him to take his final two allotted trips to make a decision but LSU seems to be the pulse at this point with the Gators making it interesting. The Tigers currently have the nation’s No. 2 recruiting class at this point in the process and are tight on numbers but Dumervil is a guy Ed Orgeron and his staff will push for until the end.

This puts LSU at 24 commits with one spot left open for Guillory and the need to add an OT to this class still. Someone is going to be unhappy in a couple months.
I think we have to open at least 1 more spot. Who do think decides to "re-open their recruitment" decommits?

I think we have to open at least 1 more spot. Who do think decides to "re-open their recruitment" decommits?
TE, Kole Taylor and JUCO DE, Ali Gaye I think will be the first two to "look elsewhere". Maybe DT/OT, CamRon Jackson, too but all of those are just speculation. There might be one of the East Coast kids re-thinking things for all I know. Of all the recruiting problems to have, this is the best.

CEO stocking those lines. Love it

CEO stocking those lines. Love it

Best part of all this is that we don't have to worry about our coach packing up his bags and heading to greener pastures just as things get good. As long as he's winning, I think we've got CEO for a long time.

DT, Jacobian Guillory is one of the biggest fish left on the board. Tyler Shelving is a good comparison for his playing style and abilities. He informed both LSU and Bama that he will make his decision in January before National Signing Day.

He just committed to LSU.

FYI... Guillory was on the Bama sidelines last night for LSU's win, along with several other LSU recruiting targets...

DT, Jacobian Guillory is one of the biggest fish left on the board. Tyler Shelving is a good comparison for his playing style and abilities. He informed both LSU and Bama that he will make his decision in January before National Signing Day.

He just committed to LSU.

FYI... Guillory was on the Bama sidelines last night for LSU's win, along with several other LSU recruiting targets...

DAMN THATS GOTTA STING.

You got a kid visiting your school that you are trying to get and he commits to your opponent the very next day

I'm not too surprised by Guillory's commit. I'm very happy for it and just wondering what took him so long. :)

DAMN THATS GOTTA STING.

You got a kid visiting your school that you are trying to get and he commits to your opponent the very next day
You think that stings? Check out Marcel Brooks, Grant Delpit, Thad Moss and Cam Lewis walking up to the visiting recruits section after the game...

I'm not too surprised by Guillory's commit. I'm very happy for it and just wondering what took him so long. :)
This. I always felt that Guillory was headed to BR, but it's sweet that he's decided to end recruiting.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom