2020 LSU Recruiting Thread (2 Viewers)

I think it's safe to say Evans won't be a Tiger......and that's probably good news. He seems to be a head case....albeit a talented one.

Sure hope LSU can get the Gibbs kid that is committed to Georgia Tech. He seems like a perfect fit for the new Tiger offense.

Last edited:
I think it's safe to say Evans won't be a Tiger......and that's probably good news. He seems to be a head case....albeit a talented one.

Sure hope LSU can get the Gibbs kid that is committed to Georgia Tech. He seems like a perfect fit for the new Tiger offense.
Like I said, I don't think even Zach Evans knows where he is going. It is my understanding that the LSU coaches are still recruiting him as they should. If true, then they clearly feel they are able to manage him effectively.

His issues in HS seem to revolve around his coaches doing stupid stuff like HS teachers often do. Not to say that ultimately Zach shouldn't be following their instructions, but rather I have met a ton of HS whose instructions are dumb and/or unnecessary and these guys seem to fall into that category. In the same scenario, I would probably scold my child in front of the coaches and then tell them what dumb mother****ers they are when he leaves. He's a highly recruited teenager, so maybe this has gotten to his head a bit. He's going to be brought back down to earth no matter where he lands. I hope he lands at LSU. Worst case scenario, they send him packing and sign another 5-star RB next year.

Gibbs does seem pretty phenomenally talented. He compared well with a Kamara, Cook, etc type RB who can do it all. He would definitely fit into LSUs scheme now. IIRC he has visits lined up with tOSU, then LSU then GaTech, where he is currently committed.

As for the rest of the class, I found a really good recap of all players signed or committed.

Something just ain't right with that whole story.
Well, what he did isn't near as bad as what Jeremy Hill and Devin White did in HS and those guys turned out ok as Tigers. I try to remember those guys when recruits are involved in troubling rumors. I trust the staff to make the best choice because they usually do. It's in their own best interest after all.

I read somewhere its an eligibility issue. Apparently he doesn't have an ACT score good enough to qualify......and he took it for the first time late in 2019.

At least that makes some sense. Great talent, but looks to have baggage. I hope LSU can land Gibbs or one of the other targets.

I read somewhere its an eligibility issue. Apparently he doesn't have an ACT score good enough to qualify......and he took it for the first time late in 2019.

At least that makes some sense. Great talent, but looks to have baggage. I hope LSU can land Gibbs or one of the other targets.
That makes no sense. He has plenty of time to re-take it and re-take it until he scores high enough.

That makes no sense. He has plenty of time to re-take it and re-take it until he scores high enough.
Do you have a better explanation? Not many schools accept the LOI from a 5 star and cut him loose a few days later. This is an odd set of events.

Do you have a better explanation? Not many schools accept the LOI from a 5 star and cut him loose a few days later. This is an odd set of events.
Nope. Not many schools already stocked with 5-star RBs either. I'm sure we'll find out eventually.

Boutte got bumped to a 5 star.
Yep. #4 WR and #30 player overall.

Rakim Jarrett drops to #3 WR and #23 overall. Burton drops to #12 WR and #63 overall. These adjustments are due to Rivals changes. 247 will have updates in a couple weeks still.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom