NFL Draft 2020 NFL Draft Prospects (2 Viewers)

Saints east-west shrine game draft prospect visits

• New Orleans Saints
  • Auzoyah Alufohai, DT, West Georgia (EW)
  • Michael Danna, DE, Michigan (EW)
  • Rico Dowdle, RB, South Carolina (EW)
  • Keith Gavin, WR, Florida State (EW)
  • Jordan Glasgow, S, Michigan (EW)
  • John Hightower, WR, Boise State (EW)
  • Benny LeMay, RB, Charlotte (EW)
  • Carter O'Donnell, OT, Alberta (EW)
  • Joe Reed, WR, Virginia (EW)
  • Elijah Riley, CB, Army (EW)
  • James Smith-Williams, DE, NC State (EW)
  • Binjimen Victor, WR, Ohio State (EW)

Last edited:
Saints Senior Bowl visits included wr Quartney Davis who led all wrs in yards in the game.

New Orleans Saints - Texas A&M wide receiver Quartney Davis, Wisconsin linebacker Zack Baun, Michigan quarterback Shea Patterson, N.C. State Larrell Murchison (hotel meeting)

New Orleans Saints - Texas wide receiver Collin Johnson, Ole Miss defensive tackle Josiah Coatney

Saints Senior Bowl visits included wr Quartney Davis who led all wrs in yards in the game.

New Orleans Saints - Texas A&M wide receiver Quartney Davis, Wisconsin linebacker Zack Baun, Michigan quarterback Shea Patterson, N.C. State Larrell Murchison (hotel meeting)

New Orleans Saints - Texas wide receiver Collin Johnson, Ole Miss defensive tackle Josiah Coatney

Davis is a guy who I watched a couple of times. Very good route runner & has the ability to get away from defenders ... against quality SEC opponents.

So we have the combine later on this month, and the scouting / mock draft circles should be in full force by the end of it, now that we're in the Post Super Bowl lull.

What prospects do you guys currently have your eyes / hopes on right now?

I just compiled an average list of prospects 20-50 from multiple sources early Big boards, so this is a rough idea on the names that will be in the Pick #24 range.

21. Yetur Gross-Matos EDGE, Penn State

22. Justin Jefferson WR, LSU

23. Cam Akers RB, Florida State

24. Justin Herbert QB, Oregon

25. C.J. Henderson CB, Florida

26. Patrick Queen LB, LSU

27. Javon Kinlaw IDL, South Carolina

28. A.J. Epenesa EDGE, Iowa

29. Damon Arnette CB, Ohio State

30. Jordan Love QB, Utah State

31. Jalen Reagor WR, TCU

32. Clyde Edwards-HelaireRB, LSU

33. K.J. Hamler WR, Penn State

34. Kenneth Murray LB, Oklahoma

35.Lucas Niang OT, TCU

36. Justin Madubuike IDL, Texas A&M

37. Jonathan Taylor RB, Wisconsin

38. Julian Okwara EDGE, Notre Dame

39. Raekwon Davis IDL, Alabama

40. Brandon Aiyuk WR, Arizona State

41. Prince Tega Wanogho OT, Auburn

42. Cesar Ruiz IOL, Michigan

43. Brycen Hopkins TE, Purdue

44. Antoine Winfield Jr. S, Minnesota

45. Neville Gallimore IDL, Oklahoma

46. Tee Higgins WR, Clemson

47. Lloyd Cushenberry III IOL, LSU

48. Curtis Weaver EDGE, Boise State

49. Jeff Gladney CB, TCU

50.Ross Blacklock IDL, TCU

As far as receivers in this range I love Justin Jefferson, and Brandon Aiyuk; and would be thrilled with either at 24. Jefferson because of scheme fit and his understanding of the receiver position for a young prospect. Aiyuk for his size and physicality, ability to fight for contested catches and YAC potential.

I have huge Red flags on Jalen Reagor, and KJ Hamler.. to me these guys are poor man's versions of Brandin Cooks. A lot of their college production came off gimmicky, trick plays and just using a lot of straight line speed. I'm worried about how their route running and ability to get off press coverage translates at the next level. They both can definitely fly; but there's more to the WR spot than just pure speed.

As far as non receivers:
Linebackers: Patrick Queen, or Kenneth Murray. If the Saints take a Linebacker at 24 it will probably be one of these two, I like Queen's athleticism, and speed but I'm cautious of his sudden rise; before the CFB Playoffs no one considered him a Day 1 prospect, and I feel the success of past LSU 'Backers is inflating his stock... I wouldn't mind the pick I just think he'll be a bit raw and need coaching in year 1.

Murray is a bit of a faller, good college production at OU but there are questions about his lack of playmaking down the stretch and in their playoff game. The real question is does this Staff even consider Linebacker at #24? I believe Payton has only ever drafted a Linebacker in round once.. and that was Stephone Anthony... it seems they don't really value taking Linebackers early as philosophy.

I love Javon Kinlaw.. I think he's going to be a dominant pass rushing 3-tech at the next level; just don't think he makes it to us.. there's talk about him going in the top 10 now.

Madubuike, Raekwon Davis, and Ross Blacklock are all fine picks and I wouldn't mind them. A lot of people are going to argue against going Interior D-line in Round 1.. but Jay Glazer reported the Saints are prioritizing improving at the 3-tech spot this off-season.. and they could lose Onyemeta in Free agency, and Rankins' health concerns are real. So there's a good chance Interior DL could be taken early.

Fine with Jeff Gladney, or CJ Henderson. Will need to start grooming a young #2 CB for the future soon and if they don't like the value at WR, either of these Corner prospects works.

Going to eliminate Yetur Gross-Matos, and Damon Arnette as they both have some serious off the field concerns with incidents and the Saints have in the past avoided spending high picks on players with off the field issues, character concerns.

Want to stay away from Jordan Love in the first...the decision making, and rise in turnovers in 2019 are real concerns. Really hope we don't take him at 24... but Payton may fall in love with the arm.

Not a lot of good Interior O-line options late round 1... but.. what about possibly taking Lloyd Cushenberry III and transitioning him over to Left Guard?

Last edited:
we succeed late or not at all in most years

Here are offensive 3 players who I think would be perfect fits for our O. I think Dillon and Pittman Jr. would be immediate impact players. Dillon in particular, would be awesome paired w/AK. He's my favorite RB in this draft class. Pittman Jr doesnt have near the hype as the brand name WRs in the draft, but his size and skillset is tailor made for what we do at the WR position. I love the projection and upside of Josiah Deguara. He's dude who could be developed into a really good combo TE and would major mismatch guy down the line.

RB AJ Dillon BCU

WR2 Michael Pittman Jr.

TE Josiah Deguara Cinci

Here are offensive 3 players who I think would be perfect fits for our O. I think Dillon and Pittman Jr. would be immediate impact players. Dillon in particular, would be awesome paired w/AK. He's my favorite RB in this draft class. Pittman Jr doesnt have near the hype as the brand name WRs in the draft, but his size and skillset is tailor made for what we do at the WR position. I love the projection and upside of Josiah Deguara. He's dude who could be developed into a really good combo TE and would major mismatch guy down the line.

RB AJ Dillon BCU

WR2 Michael Pittman Jr.

TE Josiah Deguara Cinci

Like Michael Pittman a lot. Liked Sage Surratt until he hurt his shoulder. Glad he went back to school. AJ Dillon is a workhorse...

Heard the names De'Vondre Campbell, Cory Littleton, Blake Martinez, and Joe Schobert as some free agent targets. A few more that could be a little cheaper. Nick Vigil, Nick Kwiatkoski, and Kevin Pierre-Louis.

A few Saints could look at middle to late in draft.

Logan Wilson

Kyahvia Tezino

Last edited:
A few more LBers...

Jordan Mack

Jordyn Brooks

Malik Harrison

I'm really loving the idea of letting Dwayne Washington go, and finding an upgrade / more dynamic Back as the 3rd RB. Would be a return to the true 3 Headed RB rotation like we had back in the day with (Pierre, Bell, Reggie) and having that reliable 3rd Runningback could be valuable if AK holds out to start this season.

Some guys I'm looking at Day 3 Range:

Antonio Gibson, RB. Memphis

Josh Kelley, RB. UCLA

Lamical Perine, RB. Florida

JJ Taylor, RB. Arizona

Sleepers
Cam Brown

Justin Strnad

Dante Olson

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom