NFL Draft 2020 NFL Draft Prospects (1 Viewer)

If the Saints don't take a Linebacker in Round 1. (Queen, or Murray are probably the only two worth a first rounder)

A guy I wouldn't mind trading back into Round 2 for would be Troy Dye, out of Oregon.

Pros: Good reactive athleticism, does a good job of communicating shifts and motions. Navigates through trash to chase plays down, good zone drop instincts, and can carry Tight Ends up the seams. Plays with a high motor, and has good endurance through 4 quarters.

Well the list is out. 337 invited to combine. Here is the list. The workout schedule will be in the afternoons and prime time this year. 4pm - 11pm Thursday - Saturday 2pm - 7pm Sunday

My dream draft would be to select Oklahoma LB Kenneth Murray in the first. Then somehow trade up for Penn St WR KJ Hamler in the second.

Move Anzalone to SAM with Murray & Davis at either MIKE & WILL. Maybe bring back AJ Klein or some other free agent to battle with Anzalone for the 3rd LB spot since we know he’s so damn injury prone. All I know is a LB unit with the speed & athleticism of Davis & Murray would be legit!

Then have Thomas, Hamler, Smith, & Harris as our 4 top receivers next year. Talk about some speed with Hamler & Harris. Get some Chief type offense going with those speed demons to go with Thomas & Smith.

My dream draft would be to select Oklahoma LB Kenneth Murray in the first. Then somehow trade up for Penn St WR KJ Hamler in the second.

Move Anzalone to SAM with Murray & Davis at either MIKE & WILL. Maybe bring back AJ Klein or some other free agent to battle with Anzalone for the 3rd LB spot since we know he’s so damn injury prone. All I know is a LB unit with the speed & athleticism of Davis & Murray would be legit!

Then have Thomas, Hamler, Smith, & Harris as our 4 top receivers next year. Talk about some speed with Hamler & Harris. Get some Chief type offense going with those speed demons to go with Thomas & Smith.
Love KJ Hamler dude is lightning fast.

I fully agree! Kenneth Murray is a BEAST. He’s the sideline-to-sideline LB the Saints defense would benefit greatly from. K-9 is a heat-seeking missle!

If the Saints can come out of the 2020 draft with Kenneth Murray and WR Devin Duvernay, I’d see it as an absolute win (regardless of the other picks).

I fully agree! Kenneth Murray is a BEAST. He’s the sideline-to-sideline LB the Saints defense would benefit greatly from. K-9 is a heat-seeking missle!

If the Saints can come out of the 2020 draft with Kenneth Murray and WR Devin Duvernay, I’d see it as an absolute win (regardless of the other picks).

Yes I really just want a LB and a WR unless Grant Delpit fell to our pick. I would take him to replace Vonn Bell in a heartbeat. Kenneth Murray is the guy I want the most and surprisingly I’ve seen him fall that far in some mocks. Isaiah Simmons would be ideal, but don’t see him falling out the top 15 more than likely. After those 2 they don’t really have one worthy of a first round pick.

Then the receiver position is so deep this year we could get a good one in the 3rd more than likely.

A backup TE to replace Josh Hill would be nice as well, but not a huge need. And possibly an offensive lineman and a corner would be the other 2 spots I would like to grab. But mainly a starting LB to replace Klein and a receiver to battle Tre’Quan for that #2 spot.

My ideal draft using Walterfootball as a guide:

1.OU LB Kenneth Murray (run to the podium)

3. Minnesota WR Tyler Johnson (damn good WR and I would run to the podium for him too)

4. Colorado QB Steven Montez (we need a 3rd QB with the way we use Taysom and Montez has some talent to work with in case Taysom doesn’t work out as the starter)

5. West Virginia CB Keith Washington (nice size corner at 6’1” or best player/corner available)

6. Edwin Waters TE Mathew Wilkerson (small school I never heard of and he played both ways at DE and I love small school guys with potential)

Last edited:
Yes I really just want a LB and a WR unless Grant Delpit fell to our pick. I would take him to replace Vonn Bell in a heartbeat. Kenneth Murray is the guy I want the most and surprisingly I’ve seen him fall that far in some mocks. Isaiah Simmons would be ideal, but don’t see him falling out the top 15 more than likely. After those 2 they don’t really have one worthy of a first round pick.
Unfortunately this is a really weak year in the Draft for Linebackers. (Simmons from Clemson looking like the only First round lock.. depending how you feel about Queen also)

The reason you're seeing Ken Murray fall in a lot of mocks is because the actual Pro scouts are lower on him than a lot of the fans; and that's mainly because of his instincts in pass coverage.

For a 3 year starter he only had a total of Six pass break-ups in his entire career. (and that's playing in the Big-12 where they Pass A LOT) His biggest weakness on tape are his Zone drop instincts, where he gets suckered in by play-action, backfield fakes too often, squares himself to the line of scrimmage; and is not always spatially aware of routes developing behind him. He plays better downhill, than going backwards essentially.

The physical traits are all there, he runs well, and can get sideline to sideline but the Instincts in pass coverage are a big concern at the NFL level; especially with the way the league has shifted towards being pass heavy. I recently talked to a guy at the Scouting Academy about the Linebackers in this class this year, and he comped Murray to Stephone Anthony coming out, and says Murray is a Day 2 guy to him, who will need adequate Coaching at the next level to develop into a reliable Starter.

I think Kenneth Murray will be a helluva linebacker in the NFL. I’m hoping him or Grant Delpit fall to 24.

I would love this draft:

1. LSU S Grant Delpit (let Bell walk, he can also play free safety so CGJ can play strong if Marcus continues to struggle)
3. Bama LB Anfernee Jennings (replace Klein)
4. Liberty WR Antonio Gandey-Golden (think he’s gonna be a damn good sleeper WR in this draft)

FS: Marcus Williams
FS/SS: Grant Delpit
SS: CGJ

SAM: Anfernee Jennings
MIKE: Alex Anzalone
WILL: DeMario Davis

WR: Michael Thomas, Antonio Gandey-Golden, Tre’Quan Smith, Deonte Harris, Emmanuel Butler(hope he makes it this year as our 5th)

Last edited:
I would love to see us grab The WR from Texas, #6 Duvernay. He could end up being what Tyler Lockett is for the Seahawks. 3rd round pick could still be there for us to scoop him up

I would love to see us grab The WR from Texas, #6 Duvernay. He could end up being what Tyler Lockett is for the Seahawks. 3rd round pick could still be there for us to scoop him up

He's going to be a really good player in the NFL. Some team is going to draft the other Texas WR Collin Johnson way too high and waste a pick, while another team gets a really good slot guy in Duv much later in the draft.

I’m a little iffy on Kenneth Murray. He chases sideline to sideline and is a great athlete, but I’m not sure he gets off blocks well enough to be great against the run in the NFL. He beat guys to their spot in college but he’ll have to get better at disengaging at the point of attack to succeed in the NFL. He also got beat in coverage a lot for a LB with his athletic profile.. I don’t know. Too many similarities to Stephone Anthony.

Here's an intersting pick we can make in the 3rd or 4th round.

Darrynton Evans. Reminds me a bit of LeSean McCoy in his running style. Very concise with his cuts that allows him to get upfield rapidly after making the first guy miss. Seems to be quite versatile as well. Be great insurance and motivation if we decide to keep Kamara but he doesn't play up to his potential anymore.

Darrynton Evans. Reminds me a bit of LeSean McCoy in his running style. Very concise with his cuts that allows him to get upfield rapidly after making the first guy miss. Seems to be quite versatile as well. Be great insurance and motivation if we decide to keep Kamara but he doesn't play up to his potential anymore.

Thanks for sharing this. I like the way he plays. He reminds me of Dion Lewis a bit, who is a very good NFL player in his own right.

This year’s RB class is the best since 2017. Doesn’t have the top end talent that draft had, but it’s extremely deep with guys that can play in the NFL. In terms of my favorites in that crop of depth (mid-late round talent), Eno Benjamin & Patrick Taylor Jr stand out. Latavius Murray was serviceable last season when called on, but I think in terms of talent he can be upgraded. I really think Patrick Taylor would excel in the role Murray played this season.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom