2020 NFL Draft Quarterback options (1 Viewer)

Jalen hurts with our 2nd pick if he’s still avalaible !
Saints don't have a 2nd rounder this year, they traded that to move up for Erik McCoy in last year's draft.

Other than Tua & Love in the 1st RD, i dont think any of the other QBs are worth it on Day 1 or 2. But on day 3, i wouldnt Mind guys like Cole Mcdonald & Shea Patterson. Patterson in particular has some untapped upside that a coach like Sean Payton could cultivate. That being said, none of these guys outside of the RD 1st are exciting prospects at all.

Cole in the 4th!

..IF he's still there, which IM(most)HO, he should be..

NW.

Extremely high praise for Anthony Gordon:

"While both players have their positive traits, neither player played as well as Washington State’s Anthony Gordon did in 2019. After sitting behind PFF All-Rookie Team quarterback Gardner Minshew in 2018, Gordon emerged in 2019, earning an 81.1 overall grade and leading the country in completions (493) while throwing for the second-most yards (5,563) and touchdowns (48). He also averaged 8.0 yards per pass attempt — over a half of a yard more than any other Washington State quarterback during the PFF College era.

Gordon was fourth in the country in completion percentage while being tied for third in throwaways. Only one FBS quarterback received an “accurate” throw designation on a higher percentage of his pass attempts using our advanced quarterback charting than Joe Burrow did a season ago, and that quarterback was Gordon."

PFF on Gordon vs Love and Herbert

"Gordon’s 0.76 wins above average in 2019 were higher than any individual season by Herbert or Love, and it was actually a higher mark than the two of them combined last season. In our college quarterback clustering model, Gordon was a second-cluster quarterback, versus third-cluster and fifth-cluster designations for Herbert and Love, respectively. Gordon was charged with a negatively graded play on just over 12% of his dropbacks versus roughly 19% for both Herbert and Love. And while Gordon had a lower positively graded dropback percentage than both players, he still averaged more yards per attempt, showing the noisiness of positively graded plays for quarterbacks as they pertain to results."

Anthony Gordon steals the show at the Senior Bowl.

A year ago, Gardner Minshew played in the Senior Bowl and didn't have nearly the week Gordon had, and he ended up as one of the biggest surprises of the 2019 season after the Jaguars drafted him in the sixth round.

Don't be surprised if Gordon hears his name called before then.

Last edited:
From what I've seen, you have Burrow, Herbert, and Tagovialoa, then a huge dropoff.

There's always a surprise QB, so maybe Ireland and Payton can find one, but the prospects aren't very good. A scrub FA is probably all we need this year anyway.

Last edited:
The only QB I would be okay with drafting at 24 would be Jordan Love and that’s if coach likes him. I don’t really want him, but I have faith in coach. I rather take Murray, Queen, Henderson, or Jefferson. If those 4 guys are gone then I wouldn’t be so upset if they took Love. I really like Jacob Eason, but I’m not sure I would take him at 24. He likely won’t be available in the 3rd either, so drafting him would be unlikely. Maybe him or Fromm fall to the 3rd, but I doubt it. Not a huge fan of Fromm, but I’d take him in the 3rd.

I’m not a huge fan of any of the QBs after my top 6. I rather take one at 24 or one in the 5th or 6th. Either a possible future starter or just a likely career backup

Updated rankings 4/3/20 BPA @ QB

1)Jacob Eason
2) Anthony Gordon
3)Jalen Hurts
4)Bryce Perkins
5)Mason Fine
6) Tyler Huntley
7)Brian Lewerke
8) Jake Luton
9) Khalil Tate
10) James Morgan
11) Tommy Stevens

**Overlooked Bryce Perkins

****Tyler Huntley incredible pro day, 43.5" vertical + 4.53 40 + 6.84 3 cone

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom