2020 NFL Draft Quarterback options (1 Viewer)

If anyone here hasn't seen Lewerke in the Collegiate Bowl I would recommend doing so now.

He was arguably as good as Gordon was in the Senior Bowl.

Luton practiced at the Collegiate Bowl but missed the game.

Jacob Eason pro day news from yesterday.

Dropping 60 yarders on a rope

Last edited:
Not sure why we all think SP can tutor a young QB that might be raw. How many young QB have we gone through with that same idea? We need a smart QB. That’s the only skill that works in SPs system. Someone that can learn on there own.

I can't say that Im out after the top 3 because I really love a lot of these guys but I don't feel like they wouldn't all necessarily work in the Saints system right away or at all.

Jalen Hurts
Bryce Perkins
Khalil Tate
Tyler Huntley

Are all prototypes for what the league is trending towards with athletic zone-read qbs or qbs who can extend plays with their feet. This might not be perfect for N.O. but it might be for other places around the league.

Im convinced that

Eason
Gordon
Fine
Perkins
Lewerke
Luton

Are all good fits mechanics-wise for N.O.

I think that some good pro comparisons are:

Eason----Matthew Stafford
Gordon---Drew Lock
Fine-------Doug Flutie
Perkins---Ryan Tannehill
Lewerke---Dwane Haskins
Luton------Daniel Jones

I get attempting to turn water into wine, but those are insanely high comps for all those guys. Outside of Tua, Love, Burrow, & maybe Herbert & Hurts, this QB class is well below average. At best, theyre all QB3s. Realistically...

Eason - (High) Derek Anderson (Low) zach Mettenberger
Gordon - (High) Brian Hoyer (Low) Cody Kessler
Mason Fine - (High) Senecca Wallace (Low) Pat White
Bryce Perkins - (High) Josh Johnson (Low) Adrian Mcpherson
Brian Lewerke - (High) Garrett Greyson (Low) Kevin Hogan
Jake Luton - (High) Brock Oswelier (Low)Ryan Mallett

I like Khalil Tate from Arizona like in a 3rd or 4th round selection.
A big arm, good accuracy, good deep pass accuracy, great athleticism, great threat to run, good size for an NFL Quarterback.
Good pick for a 3rd or 4th round selection.

Later round (4-6) players I like. Anthony Gordon, Jake Luton, James Morgan, Cole McDonald. UDFA My favorite QB Kaleb Barker. Then I like Stephen "Buckshot" Calvert. Watched a lot of Gandy-Golden, Calvert really looked good. Watch Baylor game, that one was fun to watch.

Last edited:
Later round (4-6) players I like. Anthony Gordon, Jake Luton, James Morgan, Cole McDonald. UDFA My favorite QB
Morgan is either in Law School or trying to get in. This is his 2nd college offense to learn, I think he is a target at 88.

I get attempting to turn water into wine, but those are insanely high comps for all those guys. Outside of Tua, Love, Burrow, & maybe Herbert & Hurts, this QB class is well below average. At best, theyre all QB3s. Realistically...

Eason - (High) Derek Anderson (Low) zach Mettenberger
Gordon - (High) Brian Hoyer (Low) Cody Kessler
Mason Fine - (High) Senecca Wallace (Low) Pat White
Bryce Perkins - (High) Josh Johnson (Low) Adrian Mcpherson
Brian Lewerke - (High) Garrett Greyson (Low) Kevin Hogan
Jake Luton - (High) Brock Oswelier (Low)Ryan Mallett
NFC GM saying the same thing about Eason

NFL DRAFT
Quarterback Ball Velocity at NFL Combine 2008-2020
Dan Shonka
03/09/2020 3:39PM ET

Ourlads’ Guide to the NFL Draft is the only source that gives the number for the quarterback’s velocity at the NFL Combine. Velocity is measured by a radar gun in miles per hour.

Year: 2020
Jacob Eason Washington 59 (Left) 59 (Right)
Jake Luton Oregon State 59 (Left) 56 (Right)
Steven Montez Colorado 58 (Left) 59 (Right)
Kevin Davidson Princeton 57 (Left) 56 (Right)
Justin Herbert Oregon 55 (Left) 54 (Right)
James Morgan Florida International 54 (Left) 54 (Right)
Jordan Love Utah State 54 (Left) 53 (Right)
Jalen Hurts Oklahoma 54 (Left) 51 (Right)
Jake Fromm Georgia 53 (Left) 53 (Right)
Nate Stanley Iowa 52 (Left) 54 (Right)
Anthony Gordon Washington State 52 (Left) 51 (Right)
Brian Lewerke Michigan State 51 (Left) 49 (Right)
Cole McDonald Hawaii 51 (Left) 47 (Right)
Shea Patterson Michigan 50 (Left) 51 (Right)
Kelly Bryant Missouri 47 (Left) 45 (Right)
Joe Burrow – did not throw
Tua Tagovailoa – did not throw

Eason has the strongest arm in the draft

@60minutes
@bleedit1960
@Joodas Avila

NFL DRAFT
Quarterback Ball Velocity at NFL Combine 2008-2020
Dan Shonka
03/09/2020 3:39PM ET

Ourlads’ Guide to the NFL Draft is the only source that gives the number for the quarterback’s velocity at the NFL Combine. Velocity is measured by a radar gun in miles per hour.

Year: 2020
Jacob Eason Washington 59 (Left) 59 (Right)
Jake Luton Oregon State 59 (Left) 56 (Right)
Steven Montez Colorado 58 (Left) 59 (Right)
Kevin Davidson Princeton 57 (Left) 56 (Right)
Justin Herbert Oregon 55 (Left) 54 (Right)
James Morgan Florida International 54 (Left) 54 (Right)
Jordan Love Utah State 54 (Left) 53 (Right)
Jalen Hurts Oklahoma 54 (Left) 51 (Right)
Jake Fromm Georgia 53 (Left) 53 (Right)
Nate Stanley Iowa 52 (Left) 54 (Right)
Anthony Gordon Washington State 52 (Left) 51 (Right)
Brian Lewerke Michigan State 51 (Left) 49 (Right)
Cole McDonald Hawaii 51 (Left) 47 (Right)
Shea Patterson Michigan 50 (Left) 51 (Right)
Kelly Bryant Missouri 47 (Left) 45 (Right)
Joe Burrow – did not throw
Tua Tagovailoa – did not throw

Eason has the strongest arm in the draft

@60minutes
@bleedit1960
@Joodas Avila

All that is fine and dandy, for sure. It's a neat measurable. But the beef w/Eason is NOT his arm, it's his IQ and poise under pressure. His intangibles. The be all end all attribute that separates the crap, average, good, great, and Gold Jackets at the QB position. You cant really teach that trait. The insane arm is cool, but what is he doing w/it and when is it showing up in the games? To me, Eason freezes under pressure, and the lack to mobility makes it even worse. He's easy money for EDGE/Pressure players and blitzers, and what's more, he get shaken by pressure and stays shook for stretches in the games. I mean, cool...Eason's got an amazing arm. But so did guys like Daunte Culpepper, Kyle Boller, Jamarcus Russell, Tim Couch, Rex Grossman, Byron Leftwich, Joey Harrington, etc.

All that is fine and dandy, for sure. It's a neat measurable. But the beef w/Eason is NOT his arm, it's his IQ and poise under pressure. His intangibles. The be all end all attribute that separates the crap, average, good, great, and Gold Jackets at the QB position. You cant really teach that trait. The insane arm is cool, but what is he doing w/it and when is it showing up in the games? To me, Eason freezes under pressure, and the lack to mobility makes it even worse. He's easy money for EDGE/Pressure players and blitzers, and what's more, he get shaken by pressure and stays shook for stretches in the games. I mean, cool...Eason's got an amazing arm. But so did guys like Daunte Culpepper, Kyle Boller, Jamarcus Russell, Tim Couch, Rex Grossman, Byron Leftwich, Joey Harrington, etc.
If he freezes under pressure then you could've fooled me.

This play where he throws against his body under pressure is actually what sold me on him.

Again, what am I to believe, that he folds under pressure, or my lying eyes that say the oppposite?

Last edited:
Eason even knows how to look off safeties

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom