2020 NFL Draft will go on as scheduled April 23-25 (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Well I hope the scouting department has their stuff together this year. Would like to see some mocks now.

1585271823565.png

1585271855810.png

I think it'll end up getting pushed to a later date....at least I hope it does. I'm hoping by then our country is starting to look a little more normal but I don't think we're going to be at a point where gathering is numbers would be a good idea by then.

I listened to Mickey Loomis on a Peter King podcast a few days ago and he said now (March and April) is when the scouting department does there research for the draft. Sure many of you heard the interview too. I'm guessing all teams are pretty much the same way so if there was a way for some teams to do their homework 'early' they might have a slight advantage. I know they all have their combine interviews and workouts to go by, but is that enough? And what about players that did not attend the combine, what kind of research will they have? FaceTime interviews? Probably no colleges having pro day workouts. Doesn't seem fair to players or teams. Especially when you factor in the major investments teams will make in early round selections.

The NFL obviously wants to hold the draft in late April. We shall see. If the virus is still spreading exponentially by, say, April 21, I can see the league pushing it back. It will depend on how many people are then dying each day and how many are hospitalized. At some point, the optics are too bad to hold the draft.

Typical Goodell. If anyone talks publicly about his poor decisions, he will threaten disciplinary action. He is such a power freak.

I'd love to see some person or team get fined or forfeit a pick because of the genuine concern of their own employees. This is nothing but Goodell bluffing and I hope someone, especially Payton, calls him out on it.

And what about players that did not attend the combine, what kind of research will they have? FaceTime interviews? Probably no colleges having pro day workouts. Doesn't seem fair to players or teams. Especially when you factor in the major investments teams will make in early round selections.
This is exactly who is effected by this situation the most, Players who did not attend the combine due to injury, or were not invited. Especially a lot of the smaller school guys who teams like to dig up as gems in the later rounds.. teams might not have enough info to have these guys on their Draft boards this year and opt for more safer known commodities.

The message about not criticizing the league is disgusting. But then, "disgusting" is what we have come to expect from this autocrat of a commissioner.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom