2020 NFL Hypothetical (1 Viewer)

Would the Saints winning a Super Bowl during a shortened season put a blemish on the trophy?

• Total voters

SaintsFanInLA

BREES SMASH!!
Reaction score
If there is a season, and it's shortened to let's say like 8 games, and the playoffs were abridged or even if they aren't, if the Saints were to win the Super Bowl, would that diminish the title in your eyes at all? Would you still celebrate it to the fullest?

Any championships this year are going to be unusual but I'll take the ring and proudly brag.

Not if the Saints win it. But if the Vikings, Falcons, 49ers, Rams, Bucs or that team in Texas were to win it... All bets are off.

I'd do my part to never let anyone forget they're nothing more than #CoronaChamps and only played half a season's worth of games against teams that didn't get to practice fully, in empty stadiums. 😈

I think that, if those 8 games would include the regular 6 division games, the argument can be made that, overall, it would be as hard (if not harder in some cases) to get to the playoffs. 75% of a team's games will be against division rivals, so it is harder to win the division, and the shorter season means there would be no strategic hold backs (saving players or plays for later in the season, for example).

I think that, if those 8 games would include the regular 6 division games, the argument can be made that, overall, it would be as hard (if not harder in some cases) to get to the playoffs. 75% of a team's games will be against division rivals, so it is harder to win the division, and the shorter season means there would be no strategic hold backs (saving players or plays for later in the season, for example).
belichick-e1567897774326.jpg

:hihi:

Hypothetically... there still has to be a season. :sad:

Normally this would be a very subjective question. But there is a 100% correct answer to this one.

Yes, in a shortened season, the championship would be tainted and NOT EVEN COUNT according to the other 31 teams, the media, and their fans..

Normally this would be a very subjective question. But there is a 100% correct answer to this one.

Yes, in a shortened season, the championship would be tainted and NOT EVEN COUNT according to the other 31 teams, the media, and their fans..
If there is a 2020 season, the outcome is going to be just the way you described it. This season will never be viewed by the majority as a legitimate one.

If there is a 2020 season, the outcome is going to be just the way you described it. This season will never be viewed by the majority as a legitimate one.

But I would absolutely take it... a short season with a championship for a short QB who is a champion.

Haters gonna hate hate hate hate hate
I'm gonna shake it off, shake it off, shake it off
~Taylor Swift

(lol)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom