2020 NFL scouting combine thread (1 Viewer)

I think if we go get a guy like Epenesa we will be switching to a 3-4 base. Of course this will change with the offensive looks but, Epenesa - Brown/Tuttle - Jordan/Onyemata on the front. In Jumbo packages Jordan can split wide. I would think we would need another ILB to fill in if we do something along those lines.
Any reason that you think they would consider switching to 3-4?

So what yall sayin' is we need a F-TE
No.

A big possession wr who can win consistently within 5-15 yards vs NFL quality CBs like AJ Brown, Mike Thomas, or Marques Colston.
So true, big 50/50 winners, good hands guys, and YAC guys are the smart picks at this point. Those guys usually slide to the later rounds, so we can grab OL and DL early.

I think they might go Oline or Dline in rd one and trade back into rd 2 for a wr.

I don't think they will wait until rd 3 to grab one, however.

It seems to be that way every year, 1 stud and 2-3 "promising" prospects. 1st tier ILB has become 1 of the rarest positions. And, they're so hard to evaluate. Half the great ones come from nowhere, half the "can't miss" prospects go to nowhere. It's gotten to the point where I hate for the Saints to draft one high, but Davis could use some help.
I've said it before but I want Shaun Bradley in the Middle and Michael Pinckney at OLb to pair with Davis.

Three 4.5 lbers with speed to burn!! ?

Love Jefferson, he's a real baller, makes stuff happen. Gets a ton of YAC.

I have to go with Netane Muti, OG. We can grab a WR in the 3rd almost as good as Jefferson.
I think with SP saying that WR is a deep draft pool, that we won’t take a WR in the 1st.

Already LOVED these dudes before the combine, but i love them even more now. These dudes confirmed their onfield game. WR Jalen Reagor, WR Michael Pittman Jr, RB AJ Dillon, DL/DT Ross Blacklock & DB Antoine Winfield Jr.

I think Reagor if the perfect complement opposite Mike T. Michael Pittman would also be a high ceiling prospect to pair w/iim as well. AJ Dillon gets zero love, but that dudes film is undeniable. LOVE HIS GAME! Dillon would be a mega beast teaming w/AK. His play style fits the 4min closer RB we lost when Mark left for Balt. Ross Blacklock is my favorite player in the draft. If he’s still there, he’d totally be in line for the BPA at 24. Blacklock has EDGE player explosiveness & agility at the IDL position. You can never have enough inside pressure players. W/Vonn possibly on the move & Marcus Williams in line for a hefty contract, i think Antoine Winfield Jr would be the perfect type of DB to bring in as a possible replacement to pair w/Chauncey on the back end.

I still wouldn't take him over Shenault or Claypool right now only because wrs with more size seem to excel faster as rookies than pure speed guys.

Big Guys with quickness who win as bullies within the first 5-15 yards, generally though there are many examples of speed guys having sucessful 700-900 yard seasons as rookies.

If I had to bet money on who is most likely to surpass 1000 yards as a rookie it would first be:

Lamb
Shenault
Claypool
Edwards
Pittman Jr

Followed closely by

Jeudy
Reagor
Mims
Higgins

Had to edit again because I forgot Bryan Edwards.

The big time mid-round sleepers are

Hasise Dubois
Darrell Stewart
Benjimen Victor
Aaron Parker
Mason Kinsey

Had to edit again because I forgot Bryan Edwards.

The big time mid-round sleepers are

Hasise Dubois
Darrell Stewart
Benjimen Victor
Aaron Parker
Mason Kinsey

Stewart and Victor graded out well. I don't have the information for Dubois and Kinsey. Parker didn't do well with the explosive power attributes, but if he has a pro day those could improve to get him higher than the mins on broad jump and vertical.

I have not looked into Juwan Johnson or Dezmon Patmon much, but if they check a lot of physical boxes if their actual performance can back it up. I don't know about their route running, blocking and the other skills that are required to be a good WR in the NFL.

NameTeamRoundHeightWeightRelative Body SizeHand Size40 Yd TimeVerticalBroad Jump20 Yd Shuttle3 Cone DrillGrade
Stewart Jr., DarrellMich St.
74.8​
212​
2.83​
9.63​
35​
117​
3​
Victor, BinjimenOhio St.
75.6​
198​
2.62​
9.63​
4.6​
35​
128​
3​
Parker, AaronRhode Island
73.5​
209​
2.84​
9.25​
4.57​
26.5​
112​
0​

Stewart and Victor graded out well. I don't have the information for Dubois and Kinsey. Parker didn't do well with the explosive power attributes, but if he has a pro day those could improve to get him higher than the mins on broad jump and vertical.

I have not looked into Juwan Johnson or Dezmon Patmon much, but if they check a lot of physical boxes if their actual performance can back it up. I don't know about their route running, blocking and the other skills that are required to be a good WR in the NFL.

NameTeamRoundHeightWeightRelative Body SizeHand Size40 Yd TimeVerticalBroad Jump20 Yd Shuttle3 Cone DrillGrade
Stewart Jr., DarrellMich St.
74.8​
212​
2.83​
9.63​
35​
117​
3​
Victor, BinjimenOhio St.
75.6​
198​
2.62​
9.63​
4.6​
35​
128​
3​
Parker, AaronRhode Island
73.5​
209​
2.84​
9.25​
4.57​
26.5​
112​
0​

Dubois was the only receiver with over 70 catches with a 100% catch rate.

He might be a huge sleeper in the middle rounds.

Dezmon Patmon looks interesting but he seems like more of a Keith Kirkwood type player and straight-linish.

3rd or 4th wr material but Im not quite sure yet.

His measurables are definitely intriguing.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom