Saints 2020 Saints UDFA class graded one of the NFL's strongest (1 Viewer)

Nightshade

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
According to a ranking put together by Rotoworld’s Thor Nystrom, the Saints have put together the third-best group of undrafted free agents around the NFL. While Nystrom particularly valued pickups like Texas Longhorns defensive lineman Malcolm Roach and Michigan State linebacker Joe Bachie (who received more contract guarantees than some recent Saints draft picks), he also lauded the Saints for their aggressive strategy of making moves to draft high-end players while getting an early start on the post-draft recruiting circuit.

This shows how big UFFAs are to NFL rosters

Over the last three seasons, 297 undrafted free agents made NFL rosters. That’s 9.28 per team every three years, or a little over three UDFA per organization per year. That doesn’t include the practice squad, where the numbers are more significant, almost double. Since 2017, 17% of players who signed UDFA deals made Week 1 rosters. Undrafted players comprise about one-fifth of NFL rosters.

Re: the TPS video ... These "roundup" videos on best of this, best of that for each team are always interesting to watch. Any fan with a computer can do them, if they have basic video editing skills. But I have to agree with the above post. Jake had a nice career but it was for someone else. Sam Mills is the team's best-ever UDFA, hands-down.

Last edited:
Delhomme is a good choice but as has been stated, his career was with Carolina so I wouldn't have chosen him. Mills is the obvious choice but I'm also giving some love to Pierre Thomas. Guy was an animal for us and was a key component to winning the Super Bowl.

Consider Sam mils a pro free agent not udfaas he was 'pro' usfl

I still want Hasise Dubois and Lucky Jackson.

Why is Austin Carr even here?

I give kudos once again to Nightshade for this thread/article.

The last part of their narrative about the Saints says it all:

It doesn’t look like a full class when you’re looking at the draft results page, but it usually ends up being so, qualitatively. It’s a Magic Eye draft approach. The Saints get value where you aren’t looking. Slick.

It would have have a bit more impact if you take the letter "L" out of the last word!

:gosaints:

I had to stop watching when he got to the Panthers and called Kyle Allen the best FA they had ever signed.

Wouldn't that be Sam Mills?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom