2020 signings will be brutal... (1 Viewer)

LUX

Ride til I die!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score

Just looking at next year and wow...if we don't sign, we will lose big players or we will need some top draft choices. Salary cap hell on the horizon....some we can let go, but big names on there expecting a big paycheck.

It doesn’t look so bad. Brees will be a friendly re-sign or he will retire.

Thomas will be paid like a top 3 receiver. I hope he gets extended this offseason actually.

Crawley and Klein won’t be extended.

Club option on Rankins and Apple.

Unger will likely retire.

Peat can go either way.

Need to save cap space for Kamara and Lattimore.

Thomas will be paid like a top 3 receiver. I hope he gets extended this offseason actually.

Peat can go either way.

This. Not bad at all, with plenty of cap.

Peat can go either way.

Unger will be extended this offseason and help lower his $8M cap charge this year.

Apples fifth year option will NOT be exercised

And we’re currently $100M under the 2020 cap.

We’re gonna be fine!!!

Just looking at next year and wow...if we don't sign, we will lose big players or we will need some top draft choices. Salary cap hell on the horizon....some we can let go, but big names on there expecting a big paycheck.

Re-upping MT13 this year, DB signs for 1 more year or he retires and we sign Teddy to 3 year deal, Peat traded for a 3rd or 4th round pick in this years draft, we pick up option on Apple and Rankins, Unger either signs for 2 year deal or released, Klien, Meredith released, Bell re-uped for 3 years, Ola signs a 2 year deal. RFA - Hill 2 year deal. Simmie Cobbs 2 year deal. All others flip the coin.

I'm not too familiar how the cap will work next year with the ''dead money'' will we have a lot of money to spend next offseason to make splashes

I took a peak at the Spotrac market value for Michael Thomas. 20.4m/ yr. 5 year 102mil. I think this is pretty close to what we will see. 5 years 100 mil for an elite receiver.

Every team (except the Patriots who could win the superbowl with Rummel freshman) have a window before the talent overflows the cap bucket. The pessimist in me thinks the window closes this year for us..

I took a peak at the Spotrac market value for Michael Thomas. 20.4m/ yr. 5 year 102mil. I think this is pretty close to what we will see. 5 years 100 mil for an elite receiver.
That has to be the largest contract for anyone not named Brees or Bush that we will have paid on Offense.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom