2020 Teddy Watch: He has Hapless Panthers Tied for Division Lead @ Edit 3-2 (1 Viewer)

Swimmer

Medsamust Saint Fan
Reaction score
I think most of the board will agree that the Panthers were in pretty terrible shape after last season. Somehow, even without CM out, Bridgewater has that team at 2-2 tied for the division lead.

Teddy has been sacked 8 times, QB rating of 97 averaging 285 yards per game with 8 sacks.

I think its becoming clear that Teddy does possess magic and that magic is getting his teammates to believe in him and give 110% effort.

I for one thought if Teddy could win 4 games this year with that terrible team, that would be excellent. He has the Panthers believing they can win the division.

This post will cover Teddy's progress. Everybody else chime in. Anybody who has seen Teddy play this season, please share your thoughts.

Well he blew the Falcons out today, 27-37, 313 yard, 2 TDs, 0 Ints.

Last edited:
Well I hate to be the bearer of inconvenient facts, but the Bucs lead this division at 3-2.

Also you underestimated the Panthers.

Good catch UK - thx. I thought the Bucs went to 2-3 after the loss to the Bears.

Would you have thought Teddy would have this team at 2-2 without CM much of the time?

Good catch UK - thx. I thought the Bucs went to 2-3 after the loss to the Bears.

Would you have thought Teddy would have this team at 2-2 without CM much of the time?
Well given CM played most of two games, and that the rest of the team isn't as terrible as people here would like to tell themselves, no I'm not really surprised they're at 2-2 right now.

Teddy is a decent starter for them and makes them better no doubt. But let's not dress him up as a miracle worker.

Bridgewater looks great. He’s on pace to rush for more yards than he’s ever have at any point in his career and this includes preinjury Bridgewater.
I’m really impressed by his play. He looks better than he has at any point in his career. This offensive scheme is a good fit for him.

No championships were ever decided after just four games.

But I think that it gives us a decent snapshot at how the two teams have performed over four games. One team has significantly outplayed their expectations. Many thought that the Panthers would be fighting it our fir Lawrence...especially after CMacs injury. Many think that the Saints have the most talented team in the NFL.

But I think that it gives us a decent snapshot at how the two teams have performed over four games. One team has significantly outplayed their expectations. Many thought that the Panthers would be fighting it our fir Lawrence...especially after CMacs injury. Many think that the Saints have the most talented team in the NFL.
Well of course the teams' performances over four games has shown us how they've performed. So far.

But there's still three quarter of the regular season to go and no champion ever got crowned in September or October.

So many times people try to extrapolate a few games over the whole year. If it was that simple every time, they'd not bother playing the games. But you know all this.

Who cares if another team is ahead of where some thought they'd be. Focus on this team and what they need to do each game, it's pretty simple stuff.

Well of course the teams' performances over four games has shown us how they've performed. So far.

But there's still three quarter of the regular season to go and no champion ever got crowned in September or October.

So many times people try to extrapolate a few games over the whole year. If it was that simple every time, they'd not bother playing the games. But you know all this.

Who cares if another team is ahead of where some thought they'd be. Focus on this team and what they need to do each game, it's pretty simple stuff.

I’m not extrapolating...you’re just projecting on me. You’re the only one talking about what hasn’t happened yet here.

Good for Teddy. The 5-0 stretch last year was one of the most fun stretches in my 42 years as a Saints fan because it was so unexpected (how often are you completely, totally pleasantly surprised in sports?). I remember thinking if we could just win 2 of those 5, MAYBE we could salvage the season. Yes, I know Teddy didn't do it by himself (the defense was the star vs. JAX and DAL, SEA was one of the truest team efforts I've seen us produce), but he also didn't beat himself either and giving the other team only what they earn is a significant part of the battle (his 2 INTs were one Ginn inexcusably bobbled away vs. DAL and one that was a little behind AK41 vs. Tampa but AK41 would probably tell you he could've done better with it, too). I took my nephew to the home Tampa game and we had a wonderful time chanting "Teddy! Teddy! Teddy!" after every TD. I will always cherish that memory.

I just wish he was playing outside the division so I could root for him more.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom