2020 UEFA European Championship (June 11 - July 11, 2021) (2 Viewers)

Get your fantasy lineups in - Euros start today with the Azzurri hosting Turkey in Rome. Don’t sleep on Turkey, they have some good players. But many think Italy is a sneaky candidate to upset the French and win the tournament.

Here’s the lineup for tomorrow:
1623419266585.png

So who y'all rooting for?

I suppose out of the favorites, I like France - not at all because I'm some francophile or something, I just like some of their players and how they play.

Sentimental favorite is the Scots. That would be cool if they could advance. I don't know enough about them but saw some analysis that they have a good manager and are playing well.

France for me, my sister moved there almost 4 years ago now....

If you’re playing fantasy here’s a couple of roster rules that you may not realize (I didn’t):

1. Transfers in and out of your team close for each “match day” - which in a group tournament means the game (e.g. game 1) for the whole tournament, all groups. So match day 1 takes a few days. A new transfer window will open for the next match day.

2. Subs! You can make a sub after a player has played. Unlike in other formats where a player who has played is locked into your scoring, here it is the opposite - after a player has played (but before a sub has played) you can elect to reject the starter’s points and sub in to try to get more. But then you are stuck with whatever points that player gets. This means that you’re better off choosing to start a player that plays earlier than the other choice - so you have the option of making the substitution.

If you’re playing fantasy here’s a couple of roster rules that you may not realize (I didn’t):

1. Transfers in and out of your team close for each “match day” - which in a group tournament means the game (e.g. game 1) for the whole tournament, all groups. So match day 1 takes a few days. A new transfer window will open for the next match day.

2. Subs! You can make a sub after a player has played. Unlike in other formats where a player who has played is locked into your scoring, here it is the opposite - after a player has played (but before a sub has played) you can elect to reject the starter’s points and sub in to try to get more. But then you are stuck with whatever points that player gets. This means that you’re better off choosing to start a player that plays earlier than the other choice - so you have the option of making the substitution.
Worth noting that you can also switch who your captain is, so similarly, if your captain plays in the first game in a 'matchday' and sucks the place up, you can switch that to someone who plays in a later game.

And there's also the wildcard and limitless things. The wildcard lets you make unlimited transfers (it's two transfers per matchday with one carryover during the group stage otherwise), in a normal way (so subject to budget and keeping the players transferred in). And the limitless one lets you go nuts and make transfers regardless of budget for one matchday, with your squad then reverting back afterwards. One use only for each.

Worth noting that you can also switch who your captain is, so similarly, if your captain plays in the first game in a 'matchday' and sucks the place up, you can switch that to someone who plays in a later game.

And there's also the wildcard and limitless things. The wildcard lets you make unlimited transfers (it's two transfers per matchday with one carryover during the group stage otherwise), in a normal way (so subject to budget and keeping the players transferred in). And the limitless one lets you go nuts and make transfers regardless of budget for one matchday, with your squad then reverting back afterwards. One use only for each.

Good to know!

Ooof i had Cheisa starting...thanks!!!!

So @Arathrael, I get the sense that all of Europe is thrilled to have this tournament happening, finally some respite from Covid, yes?

What was that? ? Remote controlled VW brought the ball out to midfield. ha

So FYI when you see ESPN post start times, they’re including 30 minutes of pregame.

Yay. Spinazzola w/ the assist i guess ???

Been on pins w/ him and Insigne getting plenty of touches but no clear opportunities.

Btw...is Insigne 5 ft tall? that dude is tiny out there.

What a flub by keeper on that clearance - and ends up at the diminutive feet of Insigne.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom