2020 UEFA European Championship (June 11 - July 11, 2021) (2 Viewers)

just like in NFL when a team gets hot, they hot. They can make opponents look like 2nd stringers.

There is a psychological aspect building now too. Opponents KNOW just how strong they are and will second guess their ability ( look at weakest link etc ) to keep up. Puts Italy in a really good position. They can attack or sit back and counter.

Will be interesting to see how they fare as we get into Round of 16 and Quarters as those teams will be stronger and able to match them well from a skills standpoint.

But as of now, they clearly have all the momentum.

Playing in Rome helps some too ;)
This is a different Italy team, we haven’t seen them with this kind of speed and attack in years.

great article here about how Mancini has changed the culture of Italian soccer.

This is a different Italy team, we haven’t seen them with this kind of speed and attack in years.

i've got a working theory that Italian soccer sucked for the time Berlusconi was majorly involved in it
i won't be fielding any questions

Really good article that touches on something not unlike what the USMNT is experiencing... A youth movement.

More importantly, the youth system has been over-hauled. Focus taken off results and back to teaching and learning the game naturally thru play. Getting back to developing all around players instead of results.

US could take a few pointers from this when it comes to youth soccer. Let them play and learn. The great ones will make themselves known. But you may develop several others in the process that may have otherwise been lost in a system focused only on winning.

Ooh I love these. If age/future is a factor, I’d agree. If we’re talking right now at this moment he’s probably not #1, IMO. I guess it depends on if you call him a center forward or a winger, he plays both. Ronaldo and Lewandowski still score more goals and are probably more dangerous center forwards. Wingers get you into Salah, Neymar, even Messi.

If you could only have one to take the pitch tomorrow, would it be Mbappe? He’s got mad speed, I guess it depends on what style you play.

I think CR has declined....he can still score of course but it seems he disappears for longer stretches....I think MBappe is the better player right now....I do agree he needs to have the right players around him but on the ball going forward he is as close to unstoppable as there is....

I honestly never got the Neymar hype, he has mad skill but he gets knocked off the ball too easily.

Italy looks like an early favorite in the WC.....would love to see them play the French....their 2 CB's are defying their ages....

I don’t know if this is right or not, but this is what I feel I’ve seen from many of the 2nd tier teams in the tourney - instead of pressing man v man advantage, players pass off looking for the perfect assist
And almost always it’s thwarted!

take the shot!
You either make it, get a corner, set up a teammate for a rebound - and at the very least your team has time to reset on D

What a goal
Belgium passing a thing of beauty

Belgians showed great patience there in getting the right shot. Danes Pressed up on Lukaku and got burned .

Wow that’s just exquisite. Brilliant ball movement and a laser from KDB.

Clearly all Belgium needed was for me to take the youngest to go see the horses
Unfortunately my hand in this match will probably be lost to history
The horses were pretty as always, tho

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom