2020 vs 2011 Offense (1 Viewer)

I know. Who really thinks that about DB? That would be my dream, though. I like facts and my eyeballs. And Kamara a 9? He can do it. But PT (with 1/4 talent) left it ALL on the field every game. Has there ever been a negative PT thread?

But BTW, 2011 was one of best offenses of all time. NFL history, not Saints. If AK is a 9 and Cook is utilized properly (8/9), yes we could be in that territory.
Totally agree on PT. And the 2011 offense. There is no comparison then to now imo. And yes I think AK is too high also. Many on here think Drew will be a 9 or above even if he played into his 70’s. Lol.

The teams are all comprised of the same players, I don't really understand the comparisons in terms of best offensive team when the skillsets are all the same the only difference is the name on the back of the jersey.

The 2011 offense was one of the best in league history. Unfortunately the defense was consistently inept. The 2020 defense is far beyond that 2011 defense. We also could add another wide receiver to that group in the draft.

Last night, pluto TV had 2011 Saints vs Panthers. Right now is vs Falcons; the 4th & inches @ their own 29 gm ?. DB had a 37 gm with a TD going.

Last edited:
Good stuff.

Id raise the 2011 OLine to at least 9/9.5 (guard play was ridiculous).

For this year, I may flip Cook and Taysom. If Graham was a 10 (I have no problem with that), I’d probably push Cook a little closer.

Also, I don’t know that I put Sproles and Kamara at the same level. Maybe raise Kamara 0.5 and lower Sproles 0.5. Or just drop Sproles to an 8.

And I may drop Brees to a 9. Really splitting hairs with all that, though. Agree for the most part.
Sproles broke the NFL record for all purpose yardage with 2,696. Caught 86 passes, scored 10 TDs, rushed for over 6 yards a carry.

If anything, I should have considered rating him at 9.5. He was that much of a force that year.

I'm not sure you can actually assign a number to Taysom Hill. He does so many different jobs (QB, RB, WR, TE, ST, and trick plays) that assigning a number is not possible to do accurately.

Saints' management obviously feels the same way, as putting a first round tender on a UDFA who was cut by his original signing team, is pretty unusual.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom