2020 vs 2011 Offense (1 Viewer)

Saint Kamara

Formerly SaintSproles and SaintReggie
Reaction score
On a scale of 1 to 10, rating each of the top 11 principles of each offense. This is based on a combination of quality of play and quantity of contribution.

Brees........... 10.0
O Line............ 8.5
Sproles.......... 9.0
P. Thomas...... 8.0
Ingram........... 4.0
Ivory............... 3.0
Colston.......... 9.0
Moore............ 6.5
Meachem....... 6.0
Henderson..... 5.0
Graham........ 10.0

Total............. 79.0

2020 (Projected)

Brees........... 9.5
O Line.......... 8.5
Kamara........ 9.0
Murray......... 5.0
Thomas......10.0
Sanders....... 7.5
Smith........... 4.0
Harris........... 4.0
Cook............ 7.5
T. Hill............ 8.0
J.Hill............. 3.5

Total........... 76.5

Last edited:
I think this is pretty good but you are asking for a significant jump from Taysom.

Pierre Thomas 2011 - 987 yards
Taysom Hill 2019 - 390 yards

Granted Taysom had 7 TDs to Thomas' 6, I think those have a good bit of variance. Kinda how we saw Kamara's TDs drop dramatically in one year. Especially when you have multiple options in the red zone.

The only thing that separates 2020 from 2011 in the rating differences now is that slot WR position. Hopefully, if we aren't trading up for Simmons, then we need to draft one of those stud WRs in the 1st round.

Or, trade up/back into the 2nd round and draft Higgins after drafting a LB in the first.

Last edited:
The only thing that separates 2020 from 2011 now is that slot WR position. Hopefully, if we aren't trading up for Simmons, then we need to draft one of those stud WRs in the 1st round.

Or, trade up/back into the 2nd round and draft Higgins after drafting a LB in the first.

Everything I'm hearing is that Sanders is our slot reciever. I do agree the depth at reciever is at least one step behind if not two.

I think this is pretty good but you are asking for a significant jump from Taysom.

Pierre Thomas 2011 - 987 yards
Taysom Hill 2019 - 390 yards

Granted Taysom had 7 TDs to Thomas' 6, I think those have a good bit of variance. Kinda how we saw Kamara's TDs drop dramatically in one year. Especially when you have multiple options in the red zone.
I do believe he'll get a significant bump in receptions this season (I'm expecting 50).

Add in some passing yards (will be more than last season) plus rushing yards. I expect him to finish in double digits in TDs.

The only thing that separates 2020 from 2011 in the rating differences now is that slot WR position. Hopefully, if we aren't trading up for Simmons, then we need to draft one of those stud WRs in the 1st round.

2020 Sanders > 2011 Moore. Moore began his descent in 2011, although still very effective.

WR and RB!!! Was very talented and diverse this year has that same potential

If you want to compare each offense you have to compare equally. I.e 3 rbs and 4 wrs for each team. Probably better to compare OL individually as they are more important than the 3rd RB or WR.

I’d also put Brees at 8.5. That’s not a slight on him. Just time elapsed and diminished Guard to boot. Sanders is probably an 8:5 too. Good thread

If you want to compare each offense you have to compare equally. I.e 3 rbs and 4 wrs for each team. Probably better to compare OL individually as they are more important than the 3rd RB or WR.

I’d also put Brees at 8.5. That’s not a slight on him. Just time elapsed and diminished Guard to boot. Sanders is probably an 8:5 too. Good thread
I’d have him at 8.0. As you said just Father Time and poor interior line play now.

I don't think you have to compare each RB and WR on the team. You find your playmakers in different areas of RB, WR and TE.

I guess you could, but TE#2 and #3 would get 0s in 2011. RB #3 and #4 would get 0s in 2020 (presumably).

The 2011 o-line was much better because of Nicks and Evans. All-pro guards are more important to Brees than anyone else on the o-line.

Payton could scheme up chips from the TE’s and RB’s to slow down edge rushers in 2011 to help the lower quality o-line on the edges.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom