2021 Draft Prospects to Watch This Season (15 Viewers)

El Caliente

More than 15K posts served!
Reaction score
70002 via 92243 via 48109 via 92122 via 70119
Sticky Post
Usually we have a thread of college prospects to keep an eye on during the college football season (I blame Covid, 2020, and the CFB season being so touch and go for why we didn’t start this thread sooner).

Please alert us of players we should keep an eye on as we go through the season, and define what positions the Saints need to go after in the draft.

NOFALCONS10

Not a part of your system
Reaction score
SS Devine Deablo was also a name that came up a few times in the Senior Bowl.

At 6'3 225lbs he might evoke memories of Kam Chancellor.

NOFALCONS10

Reaction score
SS Jacoby Stevens also had the only highlight play vs Mac Jones at the Senior bowl.

Joodas Avila

MillenniaMMA.com
Reaction score
Elijah Molden is a mini beast! That little dude plays w/a big man’s swagger. I LOVE IT! & Jevon Holland, in my opinion, is the top true FS in this class.

One of my favorite CB/DBs who i think doesnt get the love he deserves is Paulson Adebo from Stanford. Like Holland, he opted out which is prob why he’s getting little coverage. The dude is very smooth for his size. He’s really good at using his length in coverage & is a proven ballhawk. If Adebo had played this year, i have no doubt that he would solidly be in the early Day 2 conversation.

Joodas Avila

MillenniaMMA.com
Reaction score
The only problem I see with this thinking is that the Saints will have no shot at Howell or Slovis if mocks hold true.

I just checked. Both of those guys are projected top 5 in every mock that I could find next year. Lol.

Very true, Howell & Slovis will be top 5-10 for sure. But here’s the the thing. Payton/Loomis & Co. have proven in the past that when they LOVE a prospect, not only are they willing to aggressively move up, but theyre all good w/wagering future 1st RD picks to get their guy a la Davenport.

Now, imagine if Payton falls head over heels for Howell, Slovis, etc? In my opinion, NO’s brass would do exactly what it would take to draft that fellow regardless of the cost. If they have up all that for Davenport, im pretty sure they’d do the same, if not more, for a QB.

Here’s to hoping Payton fall in love w/one of those prospects, either Howell or Slovis!

NOFALCONS10

Reaction score
Very true, Howell & Slovis will be top 5-10 for sure. But here’s the the thing. Payton/Loomis & Co. have proven in the past that when they LOVE a prospect, not only are they willing to aggressively move up, but theyre all good w/wagering future 1st RD picks to get their guy a la Davenport.

Now, imagine if Payton falls head over heels for Howell, Slovis, etc? In my opinion, NO’s brass would do exactly what it would take to draft that fellow regardless of the cost. If they have up all that for Davenport, im pretty sure they’d do the same, if not more, for a QB.

Here’s to hoping Payton fall in love w/one of those prospects, either Howell or Slovis!

I like Both but both also have top wrs like Dyami Brown and Amonra St Brown just like Mac Jones does.

Their wrs are leaving this year so we will see how they do without them.

I'm not sure what makes them much Better than Jones as prospects in order to sacrifice much capital to trade up for them.

I can't point out one aspect as a pure passer where they are better than Jones other than a possible slight edge in arm strength, can you?

I like Jones but I'm loathe to trade too many picks to even get him when a guy like Zaven Collins will likely be on the board for no extra expense.

NOFALCONS10

Reaction score
I like the motor on this guy wyatt Hubert but no way will he be able to play DE in the pros with only 30" arms.

He will probably have to kick outside to 3-4 OLB like Rob Ninkovich.

bleedit1960

Subscribing Member
Reaction score
Virtual Meetings

Levi Onwuzurike

Adetokunbo Ogundeji

Last edited:

Saint Spud

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Virtual Meetings

Levi Onwuzurike

Adetokunbo Ogundeji

Definitely seems as if we’re preparing for life after Brown and/or Rankins.

Looking more and more like we may hit the DL twice in this draft (DT and pass rusher).

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 10)