2021 Draft Prospects to Watch This Season (3 Viewers)

El Caliente

More than 15K posts served!
Reaction score
70002 via 92243 via 48109 via 92122 via 70119
Sticky Post
Usually we have a thread of college prospects to keep an eye on during the college football season (I blame Covid, 2020, and the CFB season being so touch and go for why we didn’t start this thread sooner).

Please alert us of players we should keep an eye on as we go through the season, and define what positions the Saints need to go after in the draft.

Joodas Avila

MillenniaMMA.com
Reaction score
Azeez Ojulari

YES!!! Ojulari is my dream pick at 28. This fellow is very, VERY, Von Miller-like in build & play style. I wrote in the Collins/Owusu-Koramoah thread that Ojulari brings in the best of both worlds in terms of his hybrid EDGE/LB ability. If Ojulari happens to fall to 28, i prey he’s our guy, cause that dude is pure havoc off the edge.

bleedit1960

Subscribing Member
Reaction score

bleedit1960

Subscribing Member
Reaction score
YES!!! Ojulari is my dream pick at 28. This fellow is very, VERY, Von Miller-like in build & play style. I wrote in the Collins/Owusu-Koramoah thread that Ojulari brings in the best of both worlds in terms of his hybrid EDGE/LB ability. If Ojulari happens to fall to 28, i prey he’s our guy, cause that dude is pure havoc off the edge.
He is going to be good. Real good...

Joodas Avila

MillenniaMMA.com
Reaction score
One of my favorite EDGE players is Joe Tryon from Washington. In terms of a more conventional DE/EDGE, he’s my favorite of that type. From his size/length to his relentless play style, i love everything about Tryon’s game. He’d be the perfect get to replace T-Rex if we lose him in FA.

Tweet w/Tryon & Levi.

bleedit1960

Subscribing Member
Reaction score
One of my favorite EDGE players is Joe Tryon from Washington. In terms of a more conventional DE/EDGE, he’s my favorite of that type. From his size/length to his relentless play style, i love everything about Tryon’s game. He’d be the perfect get to replace T-Rex if we lose him in FA.

Tweet w/Tryon & Levi.
Watched him play Washington State last year. Said to myself " I need to write this guys name down." Was in the backfield the whole game. LOL.

harschman

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Where are the LT prospects? 2021 will be Armstead's age 30 season for a guy that averages 11 games per season. There's no doubt he's one of the best in the game and he's a leader, both on and off the field. At some point point the FO won't be able to overlook his age and the fact that he plays less than 75% of the games. He's an uber athlete for a man his size. Is he someone that can move inside as he ages or is he someone that because of his athleticism he plays well into this 30s on the outside? I can't answer any of those questions, but it wouldn't surprise me if they started looking at that position. And Ram is our RT of the now and the future, not LT.

bleedit1960

Subscribing Member
Reaction score

Joodas Avila

MillenniaMMA.com
Reaction score
Insane props to Paris Ford, Azeez Ojilari, Joe Tryon & Javonte Williams. I absolutely LOVE all those guys & think they’d fit the team perfectly. But my favorite player in this draft is USC S/LB hybrid Talanoa Hufanga. This fellow is exactly what the modern day game is all about. LOVE the pure violence of his game. His football IQ & range shot up a few levels in 2020 & i cant wait to see him evolve on the pros. Hufanga’s a cross between Jeremy Chinn & Budda Baker. He’s great in coverage, but will undeniably destroy a ball carrier on contact. I personally think Hufanga’s versatility, playmaking ability & football IQ would be a perfect fit on D.

Joodas Avila

MillenniaMMA.com
Reaction score
Marlon Tuipulotu

Tuipulotu is really good. I always thought of him as a major run stuffer, but this year he developed into a very good pass rusher. He really came into his own & showed some next level talent w/the expanded role & playing time.

Having said that, i hope we meet w/his teammate Jay Tufele too. Tufele opted out this year, which ended up being the catalyst for Tuipulotu’s evolution. Tufele is one of most complete DTs in this draft. He’s complete & does everything at a high level. This dude is relentless & he has an incredible motor for his size. Tufele’s a force vs the run, but his best trait is his pressure/pass rush ability. His first step quickness & explosion off snap is close to an elite level. I can see him blowing up in the pros as a pass rushing 3tech. If we lose Sheldon, i think a player like Tufele would a great fit to fill that role. I believe Tufele is every bit the pass rusher Sheldon is, but is a lot better vs the run. Given his skill set & football IQ, i personally think Tufele would/could be a super star in our D.

NOFALCONS10

Not a part of your system
Reaction score
Why is Tammorrion Terry not getting more buzz? I bet he's going to go a lot higher than I'm seeing him mocked.
Kinda straight line and stiff-hipped like Meachem and Donte Stallworth.

Might be the fastest player in the draft other than Waddle or Tutu Atwell.

My guess is late 1st-early 2nd.

NOFALCONS10

Not a part of your system
Reaction score

Tweet w/Tryon & Levi.

You can bet he is in the running at 28.

Jeremiah and Kiper have him going between 26-32.

I keep saying that this is probably the best DE draft in a decade.

bleedit1960

Subscribing Member
Reaction score
Roy Lopez

Ta'Quon Graham

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)