2021 Draft Prospects to Watch This Season (1 Viewer)

Another sleeper Wr/Kick returner from Iowa

This kid looks pretty good.

Ihmir Smith-Marsette.

Similar athlete to Darnell Mooney or Quez Watkins last year.

Mooney had 600 yards and 61 receptions last year as a rookie for Chicago.

Another sleeper Wr/Kick returner from Iowa

This kid looks pretty good.

Ihmir Smith-Marsette.

Similar athlete to Darnell Mooney or Quez Watkins last year.

Mooney had 600 yards and 61 receptions last year as a rookie for Chicago.

Kene Nwangwu RB/KR

Lots of people have Davis Mills (6'4 225) just behind Mac Jones as qb #6.

He completed over 66% of his passes though a small sample size.

He is one of PFF's biggest sleepers.

I wouldn't mind having him back up Mac Jones.

I like this QB as a late round athlete like Tommy Stevens.

Cole Kelley (6'7 260) with long arms.

If he fails at QB he could easily translate to a Blocking TE or DE.

Last edited:
PFF draft position rankings

Here's an excerpt on QBs:

SUPERLATIVES
Strongest Arm: Trey Lance

Most Accurate: Justin Fields

Best Runner: Trey Lance

Best Outside the Pocket: Zach Wilson

Best Pocket Presence: Trevor Lawrence

Best vs. Blitz: Mac Jones

Quickest Decision Maker: Davis Mills

I wouldn't quite say that.

Rousseau's is a beast and had 15 sacks last year. Jaelen Phillips is extremely good too. Others like Carlos Basham and Tryon could really break out even as rookies.

This class might have the best collection of ideal Height and Length that I've ever seen in a DE draft.

Guys like

Rouseau
Kaindoh
Phillips
Oweh
Tryon
Ogundeji
Janarius Robinson
Jordan Smith
Elerson Smith
Patrick Jones
Rashad Weaver
Loudermilk
Patrick Turner

It's really incredible.

Unbelievable even.

I like the Safeties you mentioned but I would also include Devine Deablo and Jacoby Stevens.

Lots of good prospects at DE/EDGE, but none of those guys are slam dunk top 10 prospects like Chase Young or Nick Bosa... that’s all I was saying... Doesn’t mean none of the guys listed above could emerge as the same level of talent though...

Everywhere I’ve seen, they have JaCoby Stevens transitioning to WILL in the NFL.

Deablo has impressive size, but IIRC he didn’t help himself at the Senior Bowl. Looks like strictly an in-the-box SS or a potential move to WILL as well.

Lots of good prospects at DE/EDGE, but none of those guys are slam dunk top 10 prospects like Chase Young or Nick Bosa... that’s all I was saying... Doesn’t mean none of the guys listed above could emerge as the same level of talent though...

Everywhere I’ve seen, they have JaCoby Stevens transitioning to WILL in the NFL.

Deablo has impressive size, but IIRC he didn’t help himself at the Senior Bowl. Looks like strictly an in-the-box SS or a potential move to WILL as well.

I think Bradley Chubb had more sacks as a rookie than both Bosa and Young and Jevon Kearse still holds the record at 14.5.

Just Saying that Rousseau has a bit of Chubb/Mario William's to his game and with proper coaching and technique several of these length/height guys could make a very big jump in the pros.

Stephen's seemed the most instinctive of most players on the field to me. I would keep him at Safety.

Deablo was all over the field at the senior bowl. Jeremiah even brought his name up saying the same thing in the game. He's like Roman Harper but better in coverage.

Cole Kelly 50 yard pass here.

Decent one here too.

Dragging defenders

Last edited:
I like following this guy on Twitter

He is Pretty good with prospects

Cole Kelley has a freakish build for a potential blocking TE or DE if he changes positions.

Look at him in space, long and enormous.

PFF mentioned Paye and Oweh who were on Bruce Feldman's annual freak list as their top two prospects at Edge defender.

They have Paye on film running a 6.5 3 cone at 270lbs and Oweh is said to be able to run a 4.33.

Pff has Austin Watkins with the best hands in the draft.

Watkins has good size

Austin Watkins Jr. | WR | UAB
Height: 6 feet, 1 1/2 inches
Weight: 207
Wingspan: 76 inches
Arm length: 31 inches
Hand size: 9 1/2 inches

He also had 59 receptions with 1000+ yards and 19 yard average in 2019.

He also seems like a sold route runner.

Could make a decent #3 for some team.

It would be nice if PFF or some stat rag kept tabs on players with the least negatively graded plays like penalties, missed tackles, fumbles, interceptions thrown, drops. Etc. combined in the draft in order to identify smart players.

Thinking back on how The saints lost to the bucs it reminds me how important situational football smarts are and how a guy like Jared Cook repeatedly killed the team on some plays.

You have to wonder how many times a costly mistake was made like that by players who repeatedly hurt the team.

Edit: actually there is one here for the NFL at www.nflpenalties.com

For example these are penalties by a backup DE in Granderson too that cost the team big

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom