2021 Draft Prospects to Watch This Season (2 Viewers)

One of my favorite guys in the draft is Washington DB Elijah Molden. Like Penn St., I absolutely love the prospects coming out of their program this year. Molden is straight up a mini-monster. If Wolverine was a football player, he’d be Elijah Molden. Sucks that the college season was truncated, cause this kid was on the verge of something huge. The opt outs kind of killed Washington’s D & the talent left on their roster was spread pretty thin. Molden was forced to play more exclusively in the box this year, but it unlocked yet another dimension to his game.

Not only is Molden a dawg in coverage, but he’s also a heat seeking missile vs the run. The only real knock against him is his lack of size. If this man was 2 inches taller, i have NO DOUBT that he’d be in the 1st RD conversation. That being said, all Molden does is make play after play in coverage & in run support. He play Nickel, Slot S, SS, FS, & Dime LB. To me, Molden is exactly like his former fellow Husky Buddah Baker, or better yet, a mini-Honey Badger. On top of the versatility, Molden’s swag & utter confidence in himself rivals Chauncy’s. To me, this lil’guy acts & plays like Steve Smith, if Steve Smith was on defense. & i LOVE IT!!!

PFF mentioned Paye and Oweh who were on Bruce Feldman's annual freak list as their top two prospects at Edge defender.

They have Paye on film running a 6.5 3 cone at 270lbs and Oweh is said to be able to run a 4.33.

Big fan of Oweh’s freakishly insane potential. My only beef, & it’s a fairly major one, is the utter lack of true production. That being said, the traits are 100% their. If this dude gets w/the right staff & situation, he could be a star. I personally think Oweh’s gonna be good, but again, the lack of production is a significant flag. Im usually turned off by these “all projection” prospects, but i just have a feeling about Oweh. The explosiveness is there, all it needs is polish & nuance. Hope to see him go to a place that’ll actually develop him. The football player in Oweh’s yet to be seen. But there’s no denying that the man is a freaking athletic mutant.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom