2021 Draft Prospects to Watch This Season (2 Viewers)

RB Jaret patterson is on a tear.

710 yards rushing and 12 tds in the last two games after rushing for 1700 yards and 19 tds last year.

He now has back-to-back 300+ yd games with 4+tds and is looking very similar to Maurice-Jones Drew.

8 tds in this game alone, tying an NCAA record

More on Patterson's accomplishment

"The two-game total of 710 yards erases Ricky Williams's FBS record of 668 set in 1998, and he needs 228 in the Bulls’ game Saturday against Ohio to take down Barry Sanders’s three-game record total of 937 set in 1988."

And a great article on other prospects making noise

Devonta Smith stakes claim as best Alabama wr ever and potential #1 pick overall in the draft.

There will be some very intriguing pass rushers available at the bottom of the first round, including 3 for Pitt university

1)Carlos Basham DE
2)Jaylen Twyman DT (Pitt)
3)Patrick Jones DE (Pitt)
4)Rashad Weaver DE (Pitt)
5) Joseph Ossai LB

Carlos Basham 6'5 285 looks like another short-armed terror with a quick first step that could rotate with Hendrickson at Right DE and allow Davenport to back up Cameron Jordan

Jaylen Twyman looks like the perfect replacement for Rankins and is similar to ex-Bear Tommie Harris or Onyemata.

Patrick Jones has prototype size and a relentless first step for DE.

Patrick Jones' other teammate Rashad Weaver is 2nd in the country for tfl with 14.5 and also has 7.5 sacks.

Joseph Ossai at 6'4 250

Looks like a solid starting lb with good speed.

Last edited:
I think there’s 5 guys viable for the #2 QB position in this class, which is really saying something. Obviously Lawrence is far and away the QB1 but between Trask, Fields, Lance, Wilson & Jones there’s a good amount of starter level talent in this class.

From what I am seeing, Trask is starting to pull away but I still really love the talent with Fields & Lance. Wilson will understandably get the Baker comp and Mac Jones is lower ceiling IMO. But still, you’re talking about 6 potential NFL starters or maybe even 7 with Jamie Newman. Good class of QBs.

Usually we have a thread of college prospects to keep an eye on during the college football season (I blame Covid, 2020, and the CFB season being so touch and go for why we didn’t start this thread sooner).

Please alert us of players we should keep an eye on as we go through the season, and define what positions the Saints need to go after in the draft.
Check out the news pages. They usually have them on it

I think there’s 5 guys viable for the #2 QB position in this class, which is really saying something. Obviously Lawrence is far and away the QB1 but between Trask, Fields, Lance, Wilson & Jones there’s a good amount of starter level talent in this class.

From what I am seeing, Trask is starting to pull away but I still really love the talent with Fields & Lance. Wilson will understandably get the Baker comp and Mac Jones is lower ceiling IMO. But still, you’re talking about 6 potential NFL starters or maybe even 7 with Jamie Newman. Good class of QBs.

It’s crazy, I think Wilson is now a viable option for 2nd QB off the board. Dane Brugler now has him going 2nd overall in his mock.

I was excited about getting a shot at him a few weeks ago. Zero chance now, lol.

Anyone watching this Zach Wilson kid at BYU? He is a 6’3 QB, very shifty, but unlike Taysom, this kid can throw all the passes. He is a fun one to watch. He is a Junior though, and I am not sure if he plans on coming out this year. Definitely worth watching if you get the chance. Similar to Aaron Rodgers.
So can you tell me which passes TH can't throw?

I hope we take the best safety available in the first round.

Syracuse S Andre Cisco
Pittsburgh S Paris Ford
Oregon S Jevon Holland

We need a true ball hawk to replace Marcus Williams and/or Malcolm Jenkins sinI would take one of these guys and be happy. Unless we are in love with whatever QB falls to us, I would rather get a safety. I’m not so sure CGJ would be better off staying in his nickel role since he’s so good at it and it’s basically a starting position in today’s NFL. Plus his size isn’t ideal to be your starting strong safety either even though I think he would be good to go at the position. Holland is undersized as well, so I would likely take a QB over him.

Then I would like to take a QB in the 2nd, likely trading up to get him. Zach Wilson, Kyle Trask, and Mac Jones could possibly be available in the 2nd for a trade up. If we don’t get one of them I would trade a 2nd for Sam Darnold as he would likely be seen as the 3rd or 4th best QB in this draft. Then hopefully coach Payton could fix him and have him ready to be a NFL starting QB.

There will be some very intriguing pass rushers available at the bottom of the first round, including 3 for Pitt university

1)Carlos Basham DE
2)Jaylen Twyman DT (Pitt)
3)Patrick Jones DE (Pitt)
4)Rashad Weaver DE (Pitt)
5) Joseph Ossai LB

Carlos Basham 6'5 285 looks like another short-armed terror with a quick first step that could rotate with Hendrickson at Right DE and allow Davenport to back up Cameron Jordan

Jaylen Twyman looks like the perfect replacement for Rankins and is similar to ex-Beat Tommie Harris or Onyemata.

Patrick Jones has prototype size and a relentless first step for DE.

Patrick Jones' other teammate Rashad Weaver is 2nd in the country for tfl with 14.5 and also has 7.5 sacks.

Joseph Ossai at 6'4 250

Looks like a solid starting lb with good speed.

That's a lot of Pitt. Are they a DL factory with great coaching and recruiting, is their scheme really benefiting those players, or is it just weaker opposition this year? Honestly just intrigued.

Hendrickson is eligible for FA next season. We get one more year of cheap Davenport. On that basis, I could see a cash strapped team drafting to replace one of those two as a priority.

That's a lot of Pitt. Are they a DL factory with great coaching and recruiting, is their scheme really benefiting those players, or is it just weaker opposition this year? Honestly just intrigued.

Hendrickson is eligible for FA next season. We get one more year of cheap Davenport. On that basis, I could see a cash strapped team drafting to replace one of those two as a priority.
I just think they lucked up this years with an outstanding crop.

They've had draftees like Greg Romeus and Aaron Donald in the last decade on the Dline.

I just think they are genuinely all good.

Twyman opted out of the season and the other 2 are still among the leaders in sacks and tfls.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom