2021 Draft Prospects to Watch This Season (1 Viewer)

The mock drafts with trades are hilarious. Try this one on for size....lol PFN Sets us up quite well for the 2022 Draft as well.

team logo

• NO

Liam Eichenberg
    OT Notre Dame

• NO

Elijah Moore
    WR Mississippi

• NO

Quincy Roche
    EDGE Miami (FL)
    trade icon
  • NO

Osa Odighizuwa
    DT UCLA
    trade icon
  • NO

Divine Deablo
    S Virginia Tech
    trade icon
  • NO

Chuba Hubbard
    RB Oklahoma State

• NO

Monty Rice
    LB Georgia
    trade icon
  • 2022 DET 2nd
  • 2022 NYJ 2nd
  • 2022 HOU 3rd
  • 2022 PIT 3rd
  • 2022 ATL 4th

The mock drafts with trades are hilarious. Try this one on for size....lol PFN Sets us up quite well for the 2022 Draft as well.

team logo

• NO

Liam Eichenberg
    OT Notre Dame

• NO

Elijah Moore
    WR Mississippi

• NO

Quincy Roche
    EDGE Miami (FL)
    trade icon
  • NO

Osa Odighizuwa
    DT UCLA
    trade icon
  • NO

Divine Deablo
    S Virginia Tech
    trade icon
  • NO

Chuba Hubbard
    RB Oklahoma State

• NO

Monty Rice
    LB Georgia
    trade icon
  • 2022 DET 2nd
  • 2022 NYJ 2nd
  • 2022 HOU 3rd
  • 2022 PIT 3rd
  • 2022 ATL 4th
I know the trade part felt a little dirty that's why I did two. Would love if we could set ourselves up for the future with a draft like that though. Rookie salaries helping offset cap issues. The draft is my favorite time of year and the Saints always have such few picks to play with :(

I like Terry, love his size, but at that point in RD2, i think St. Brown’s a better value. I think he brings a more diverse skill set & is a lot more polished coming into the pros. Id also give St. Brown the nod in upside as well, because he’s already a fairly developed & nuanced route runner. St. Brown also has the better hands of the two. Love Terry’s splash ability, but St. Brown is equally as dangerous as a downfield threat.

St. Brown also has the proven ability to line up & make plays at multiple positions. Other than size & maybe straight line speed, i just think St. Brown’s a better prospect & value at that point. I honestly think St. Brown, like his former running mate Michael Pittman, will rise & possibly be drafted at the back end of the 1st or early 2nd.

I do like Terry though & think his QB situation held held him back a bit. His size & athletic traits are an untapped goldmine for a master innovator of offensive like Sean Payton. But the same can also be said about St. Brown, albeit in a different body type skillset & play style.

I was going to go w/Chazz Surratt, but after flop flopping a bit, went w/Amon Ra in the 2nd instead. Did another mock where i did draft Chazz, but i wasnt able to draft the guys i wanted to target late, namely Hufanga & Mukuamu. Plus, I think we’re going to resign Alexander, & drafting Hufanga in the 3rd semi-addresses the position. Hufanga can play that hybrid Safety-backer role, on top of being a versed DB. Drafting Hufanga would give us the best of both positions, LB & DB.

Honestly, that would be a very solid draft.

I can see the reasoning with St. Brown.

I have similar criticisms of Terry, for as much as I love his speed, he may fall under the "stiff" category as a pure route-runner like Dante Stallworth of Rober Meachem.

It's the same difference between a guy like Henry Ruggs and Jalen Waddle. They both are equally fast but Waddle's speed is more functional because his hips are smoother and can run better routes.

I actually mentioned Mukuamu myself earlier in this thread.

His length reminds me of Malcolm Jenkins.

And any inter pass rush that Nixon could offer would be a godsend.

I do worry about Alexander. You never know with Achilles injuries. I would feel much safer projecting him as a backup.

I hesitate posting any mock that doesn't have either Zaven Collins, or Jabril Cox in it at this point.

I like Barron Browning too as a coverage linebacker but wonder how he would do full time on the inside.

I like the DraftNetwork’s prospect profiles, but their rankings are kind of all by over the place after the top 50 guys. I prefer the PFN rankings. I also like their simulator better.

3F750D06-75BB-4FE1-98E0-200E4E7FEE42.jpeg

I like the DraftNetwork’s prospect profiles, but their rankings are kind of all by over the place after the top 50 guys. I prefer the PFN rankings. I also like their simulator better.

3F750D06-75BB-4FE1-98E0-200E4E7FEE42.jpeg

I forgot to ask, what do you see happening at the TE position with Cook?

Also, do you think that they might Consider drafting Travis Etienne as a Kamara Clone?

Ettiene averaged 7.2 yards per carry in college vs 6.2 for Kamara and even averaged 8.1 yards per carry in 2018 with 1658 yard rushing!

Kamara also only averaged 9.2 yards per catch vs 12.2 yards for Ettiene.

I really like tight ends Pat Freiermuth, Hunter Long, and Quintin Morris.

I'm really warming up to the idea of the pressure having a back up like Etienne could put on a defense with a Kamara type player on the field every down.

If I was going to get a QB. I was going to get him a little help up front first...
    Mac Jones
    QB, Alabama
    Deonte Brown
    IOL, Alabama
    Dyami Brown
    WR, North Carolina
    Talanoa Hufanga
    S, USC
    Jaylen Twyman
    IDL, Pittsburgh

What do you think of 6'9 400lb OT/OG Daniel Faalele?

He reminds me of Zach Strief and I can see him backing up both Ramczyk and Peat.

I forgot to ask, what do you see happening at the TE position with Cook?

Also, do you think that they might Consider drafting Travis Etienne as a Kamara Clone?

Ettiene averaged 7.2 yards per carry in college vs 6.2 for Kamara and even averaged 8.1 yards per carry in 2018 with 1658 yard rushing!

Kamara also only averaged 9.2 yards per catch vs 12.2 yards for Ettiene.

I really like tight ends Pat Freiermuth, Hunter Long, and Quintin Morris.

I'm really warming up to the idea of the pressure having a back up like Etienne could put on a defense with a Kamara type player on the field every down.

Honestly, i personally wasnt a huge fan of the Cooks signing at the time. He’s who i thought he was going to be; an inconsistent splash player who’ll disappear for long stretches & throughout the season. I think we should move on & develop Trautman &/or draft a prospect. I too am a huge fan of Pat Freiermuth. That dude is a complete do it all TE. I personally think he’s the best TE in this draft. I know it’s against the grain, but id even take him over Pitts. The dude is a legit receiving threat, but the blocking talent that Freiermuth brings to the table is something that excites meMatter of fact, from Micha Parsons, to Shaka, Owah, & Tariq Castro-Fields im a big fan of all the Penn St products in this years draft.

I like Etienne a lot, but im not sure we move on him in the 1st (which i think is where he’ll go). He is def AK-like in many ways w/the ball in his hands. But Etienne doesnt seem to be as versed in passing game though.

I do love the notion of drafting a RB high to pair w/AK. As much as i love the idea of having 2 AK-types, i think a bonafide 4min bruiser back would be a better fit to team w/AK. To me, the perfect RB to fill this role would be Javonte Williams from NC. That dude is literally a more dynamic & violent version of Mark Ingram. I think Kenny Gainwell would also fit pretty nicely in this role, albeit w/a different running style.

Honestly, i personally wasnt a huge fan of the Cooks signing at the time. He’s who i thought he was going to be; an inconsistent splash player who’ll disappear for long stretches & throughout the season. I think we should move on & develop Trautman &/or draft a prospect. I too am a huge fan of Pat Freiermuth. That dude is a complete do it all TE. I personally think he’s the best TE in this draft. I know it’s against the grain, but id even take him over Pitts. The dude is a legit receiving threat, but the blocking talent that Freiermuth brings to the table is something that excites meMatter of fact, from Micha Parsons, to Shaka, Owah, & Tariq Castro-Fields im a big fan of all the Penn St products in this years draft.

I like Etienne a lot, but im not sure we move on him in the 1st (which i think is where he’ll go). He is def AK-like in many ways w/the ball in his hands. But Etienne doesnt seem to be as versed in passing game though.

I do love the notion of drafting a RB high to pair w/AK. As much as i love the idea of having 2 AK-types, i think a bonafide 4min bruiser back would be a better fit to team w/AK. To me, the perfect RB to fill this role would be Javonte Williams from NC. That dude is literally a more dynamic & violent version of Mark Ingram. I think Kenny Gainwell would also fit pretty nicely in this role, albeit w/a different running style.

That's an interesting take, Freiermuth over Pitts but I see the reasoning.

Thanks for the input.

Javonte Williams broke tackles at a similar rate as guys like Ingram and Kareem Hunt according to PFF.

Gainwell is also a great receiving backs too if I'm not mistaken.

The Saints have Interest in S.C. NT Alim McNeil.

But Tyler Shelvin his possibly even better.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom