2021 Draft Prospects to Watch This Season (3 Viewers)

Well Saints are talking to DL... We know Nielsen has contacts with N.C. State...

This class is pretty loaded w/both the classic DTs as well as those hybrid rush IDL/EDGE talents. I like Alim Mcniell a lot. I also like Daviyon Nixon, Jay Tufele, his teammate Marlon Tuipulotu, Levi Onwuzurike, & Tommy Togiai. As the hybrid IDLs, Osa Odighizuwa, Jaylen Twyman, Darius Stills & Taquan Graham are all interesting prospects too. Hope we're land one of those guys.

Tommy Togiai looks like a guy who’s on the verge of big things. Sean Payton loves the Ohio guys. The more i watch him, the more i obsess over his potential fit in our D. All those dudes fit, but something about Togiai’s budding & untapped pressure ability has me hyped about envisioning him on the team.

Well Saints are talking to DL... We know Nielsen has contacts with N.C. State...

"NOSE TACKLE: ALIM MCNEILL, NC STATE
This is almost a no-brainer because we don’t usually see nose tackles with this much athleticism.

I didn’t think there was a point in separating nose tackles into pass-rushers and run defenders because you’re generally not asking your nose to win much in the passing game. That said, McNeill is a superb pass-rusher from the nose alignments, which is what makes him stand out. His pass-rush grade over the last two seasons is 84.0 — awesome for a nose.

McNeill is a very patient pass-rusher who sets up centers before hitting them with a push-pull or club-swim counter move against the grain to get to the quarterback. He could end up playing in the NFL for a lot of years — he is one of the most fun prospects to watch in this draft."

It looks like the saints want more pass rush from their NT which seems to be the interest in McNeil.

Johnathan Cooper has an Alex Okafor vibe to him.

Last edited:
5 Tech time

3-4 Defensive ends:

Payton Turner and Adetokunbo Ogundeji showed up with 35" arms at the Senior Bowl looking the part.

But two others:

Josh Kaindoh (6'7 270lbs)

and Isaiah Loudermilk of Wisconsin

(6-7 293lbs)

Both seem to have Ideal length to play 3-4 DE.

Shaka Toney is also very underrated.

Probably the quickest first step from the edge at penn state since Aaron Maybin.

Undersized but so was Robert Mathis.

Some reps he looks shot out of a cannon, especially at the senior bowl.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom