2021 Draft Prospects to Watch This Season (1 Viewer)

Trill Williams, CB, Slot, FS, Syracuse:

Trill Williams was a steady presence in the Syracuse secondary since 2018 where he spent time at wide corner, slot corner, and at safety. While he is versatile and has appeal in any role, I like him best at wide corner. Williams is long, rangy, athletic, physical, and aggressive. His physical skill set is exceptional and he doesn’t have any restrictions. He is springy and explosive, capable of thriving in both man and zone coverage. With that said, he does have room to grow when it comes to anticipatory skills and there were some instances where he didn’t get his head around to the football with his back to the line of scrimmage. He had three return touchdowns in his three seasons in college and has a knack for coming up with big plays. For a team looking for a versatile defensive back that can be a matchup-neutralizer, Williams has the physical gifts to do that. There is immense potential when it comes to the roles he can fill in the NFL and the ways he can make an impact.

My last pass rusher for today

Ellerson Smith.

6'6 260

Hails from a smaller school like Jared Allen, and like Allen might turn out to be a mid round sleeper.

Trill Williams, CB, Slot, FS, Syracuse:

Trill Williams was a steady presence in the Syracuse secondary since 2018 where he spent time at wide corner, slot corner, and at safety. While he is versatile and has appeal in any role, I like him best at wide corner. Williams is long, rangy, athletic, physical, and aggressive. His physical skill set is exceptional and he doesn’t have any restrictions. He is springy and explosive, capable of thriving in both man and zone coverage. With that said, he does have room to grow when it comes to anticipatory skills and there were some instances where he didn’t get his head around to the football with his back to the line of scrimmage. He had three return touchdowns in his three seasons in college and has a knack for coming up with big plays. For a team looking for a versatile defensive back that can be a matchup-neutralizer, Williams has the physical gifts to do that. There is immense potential when it comes to the roles he can fill in the NFL and the ways he can make an impact.

That was one hell of a Pat Tillman strip at the end there. Lol.

I have been watching a few players , then found out they are going back or entered transfer portal...

Yeah I was kinda hoping that QB's Carson Strong and Kaleb Eleby would declare myself.

They are the two QBs I'm keeping an eye on down the road besides the obvious DJ Uiagalelei who might make Patrick Mahomes look like Taysom Hill before it's all said and done.

Pretty sure that Uiagalelei is the best QB prospect I've ever seen.

Last year the value was in the wr position.

This year the value is at DE.

And there is also solid value at Corner.

Hopefully they somehow manage to pick up a couple of Ends for the future.

Alim McNeil makes sense at NT if your goal is to apply pressure right up the gut into Tom Brady's face.

Yeah I was kinda hoping that QB's Carson Strong and Kaleb Eleby would declare myself.

They are the two QBs I'm keeping an eye on down the road besides the obvious DJ Uiagalelei who might make Patrick Mahomes look like Taysom Hill before it's all said and done.

There are a few I will be watching next year. Grayson McCall for CCU is another. Wonder how Zerrick Cooper is going to do??? You know he left Clemson to... Went to JSU.

There are a few I will be watching next year. Grayson McCall for CCU is another. Wonder how Zerrick Cooper is going to do??? You know he left Clemson to... Went to JSU.

I'm going to keep an eye out for Kedon Slovis too now that PFF mentions it.

Nothing catches my eye like a combination of great qb rating, completion percentage, and a strong arm.

The kid had incredible freshman numbers.

I gotta check into McCall. I think that Joodas mentioned him earlier.

For some reason Zerrick Cooper reminds me of Rohan Davy.

What can I say?

I'm a sucker for accurate passers.

This throw by Slovis made my head explode.

"HE PUT IT IN A SHOEBOX"

Ya, Slovis is really good. I personally think next years crop of QBs fits our system a lot better than the guys this year. That’s why im all for rolling w/Jameis & Taysom as opposed to overdrafting a guy this year. As much as i love Slovis, my favorite college QB is Sam Howell from NC. If you like Slovis, check out Howell. In a dream scenario, we’d find a way to draft Sam Howell next season & groom him to be the true heir to Drew Brees.

I posted a similar sentiment in another QB thread. These prospects are the very reason why im all good passing on this years QB class. Unless we’re in line for Wilson or Lance, BPA os the best love on draft day & i dont see a true 1st RD QB outside Wilson, Lawrence & Lance. Sam Howell, Slovis, & DJ Uiagalelei are all coming out in a year or 2. We already have stop gappers in place w/Taysom & Jameis. No need to fabricate a QBs potential & overdraft a guy this year.

I posted a similar sentiment in another QB thread. These prospects are the very reason why im all good passing on this years QB class. Unless we’re in line for Wilson or Lance, BPA os the best love on draft day & i dont see a true 1st RD QB outside Wilson, Lawrence & Lance. Sam Howell, Slovis, & DJ Uiagalelei are all coming out in a year or 2. We already have stop gappers in place w/Taysom & Jameis. No need to fabricate a QBs potential & overdraft a guy this year.

The only problem I see with this thinking is that the Saints will have no shot at Howell or Slovis if mocks hold true.

I just checked. Both of those guys are projected top 5 in every mock that I could find next year. Lol.

I would trade 4 first round draft picks to get a shot to draft DJ Uiagalelei but I also don't know if that would be enough to get to #1 overall to select him in a couple of years.

One of the reasons I'm so high on Mac Jones, Carson Strong and Kaleb Eleby is because they will probably not require anything more than a 1st rounder to secure.

Jones might not be the physical titan that DJ Uiagalelei is but his all-time NCAA qb rating and completion percentage probably won't be broken for quite sometime if at all in our life time.

He also tore it up in mobile so if he is there at 28 I'm all on board.

His clean pocket rating dwarfs that of Winston and he protects the ball better and moves better in the pocket than Hill.

Kaleb Eleby has a cannon for an arm and also had a qb rating over 200 just like Jones.

Carson Strong was pushing a 70% completion percentage just like Jones and has a long 6'4 build just like Tom Brady.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom