2021 Draft Prospects to Watch This Season (1 Viewer)

Virtual Meetings

Levi Onwuzurike

Adetokunbo Ogundeji

Last edited:
Virtual Meetings

Levi Onwuzurike

Adetokunbo Ogundeji

Definitely seems as if we’re preparing for life after Brown and/or Rankins.

Looking more and more like we may hit the DL twice in this draft (DT and pass rusher).

Had Josh & Josh as day 3 picks... Josh Imatorbhrbhe and Josh Palmer that is. Like Mike Strachan to...

I've been high on Josh Imatorbhebhe for awhile since he could have declared last season. He's one of the former 4* recruits at USC that transferred to Illinois. He had a down 2020 season, but the talent is there.

Given the fact that Drew seems to be all but retired, the QBs we’re left w/are Taysom, an unsigned Jameis &/or a player not currently on the roster. We’ll no longer have the stability & comfort of an all universe HOF QB like Brees & will have to rely on a great unknown. To help w/that transition, a potent running attack would be exactly what our new QB would need.

On that note, im all in on us drafting a high end RB talent w/one our Day 2 picks. Im a huge fan of Kenny Gainwell, Najee Harris & Michael Carter. But my favorite RB in this class & the guy who I think best fits the team is Carter’s running mate, Javonte Williams. To me, Williams is the most complete RB available. The dude runs w/extreme violence, his contact balance is superb, he’s a versed receiver out of the backfield, & what’s more, & what will most endear him to Payton & Co. is that Williams blocks. Think of a more athletic & explosive version of Mark Ingram who offers more splash play ability. Would LOVE to see us make Javonte Williams a Saint at some point in the draft. Pair him w/AK, who’s already our mismatch nightmare, gamebreaker back, & Javonte would/could fit perfectly into the role of that 4min monster mashing bring the pain & suffering closer back.

All due respect to Murray, but Javonte Williams would give us a violent & powerful dynamic that our running game has lacked since Ingram left. I think Williams would bring even more of that if we drafted him. Who ever our next QB ends up being, a potent multifaceted running game would/could be the secret to next seasons success & so on into the future.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom