Formula One (1 Viewer)

Just turned this on...Max and Hamilton both out? Lol!

I was literally about to tag you in a post and ask if this race was exciting enough for you.

It's been fantastic fun - completely contrary to the normal "script".

Also IMO, it's okay to talk about a race in real time on a race thread. IF someone is behind or watching later, they just need to avoid the thread.

Daniel wins Monza! McLaren 1-2! Wow.

Yes, Max and Lewis wrecked each other, but that was NOT for the lead. Daniel basically led the whole race and Norris was top 3 or 4, even without the points leaders crashing. And the slow-mo replay of the crash is incredible - the construction of the driver's cockpit in 2021 kept that from being potentially life-threatening for Lewis.

I was literally about to tag you in a post and ask if this race was exciting enough for you.

It's been fantastic fun - completely contrary to the normal "script".

Also IMO, it's okay to talk about a race in real time on a race thread. IF someone is behind or watching later, they just need to avoid the thread.
Haha. Yeah, since I dvr'd, had to go back and watch fron the beginning. Fun race from the first lap. If there's a gripe I have about F1, it does get stale at times but, a race staring with just 19 cars doesn't help. I know F1 isn't Nascar, but I feel like running 30 would give more to watch throughout a race.

I'll say, Bottas did a hell of a job driving through the field. He's a talented driver for sure. If he starts in the top 5, I think he would have challenged for the win.

Haha. Yeah, since I dvr'd, had to go back and watch fron the beginning. Fun race from the first lap. If there's a gripe I have about F1, it does get stale at times but, a race staring with just 19 cars doesn't help. I know F1 isn't Nascar, but I feel like running 30 would give more to watch throughout a race.

I'll say, Bottas did a hell of a job driving through the field. He's a talented driver for sure. If he starts in the top 5, I think he would have challenged for the win.

The back 1/4 of the starting 20 is usually pretty uninteresting anyway, not sure what adding 10 cars would do. In Nascar there's greater parity, but adding 10 more F1 cars likely wouldn't mean there's more good cars in the back.

Plus it costs about $30 to $50M to run a full-time Cup car. It costs about $200M to run an F1 team (two cars), with the top teams costing more. I think the dynamics are just very different between the two. Personally, I like 20 cars in F1, based on 10 teams. I think it makes it more competitive, not less.

The back 1/4 of the starting 20 is usually pretty uninteresting anyway, not sure what adding 10 cars would do. In Nascar there's greater parity, but adding 10 more F1 cars likely wouldn't mean there's more good cars in the back.

Plus it costs about $30 to $50M to run a full-time Cup car. It costs about $200M to run an F1 team (two cars), with the top teams costing more. I think the dynamics are just very different between the two. Personally, I like 20 cars in F1, based on 10 teams. I think it makes it more competitive, not less.
Interesting. I knew it cost more, but I didn't realize the gap is that big. Good info.

Has there been a clean pass between these two drivers this season?

The Sky Sports analysis was that Max had a lane and wasn't out of place in trying to take the line - and Lewis squeezed him. I guess I get the idea that Max had the last best chance to lift - the whole thing was just unusual due to Lewis coming out of the pits right before that moment.

It is weird how they seem to make contact every time they're sharing a corner, it's like Max insists on it because he wants to be the next champion and Lewis resists it every time because he's not ready to yield yet.

If I’m honest, Max was driving a little bit like an asshat today. Not surprised he got a penalty.

...It is weird how they seem to make contact every time they're sharing a corner, it's like Max insists on it because he wants to be the next champion and Lewis resists it every time because he's not ready to yield yet.
Something, something immovable object vs irresistible force

Something, something immovable object vs irresistible force

Yeah. All I'm saying is that the whole cockpit halo thing and the cockpit design people deserve a huge round of applause after today - that could have easily been an injury or worse fo Lewis in older F1 designs. That was a potentially very dangerous accident that really didn't bother him at all. Drivers walking away from crashes is the most important thing.

Yeah. All I'm saying is that the whole cockpit halo thing and the cockpit design people deserve a huge round of applause after today - that could have easily been an injury or worse fo Lewis in older F1 designs. That was a potentially very dangerous accident that really didn't bother him at all. Drivers walking away from crashes is the most important thing.
Yeah, the halo definitely earned its name today. I gasped as Max gassed it while he was still on top of Lewis' car.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom