Formula One (3 Viewers)

Max now leads the Driver's World Championship.

And Red Bull is ahead of Mercedes in the Contructors’ by a razor thin point. Those fastest lap points are going to be critical all year.

The race director was garbage. Apparently Monaco insists on using their own director.

There was one exciting moment in the race, and just as we reached the climax, they cut away to Lance Stroll.

Then they started to show a replay and cut away *again* before the action unfolded.

The race director was garbage. Apparently Monaco insists on using their own director.

There was one exciting moment in the race, and just as we reached the climax, they cut away to Lance Stroll.

Then they started to show a replay and cut away *again* before the action unfolded.

So bad!

It's bad enough during FP and qualifying when the both is showing us video of something that happened, but the video feed is on the garage for a completely different team. Seriously poor presentation skills.

So I just entertain myself with a little game of "Foreign accent or speech impediment?"

Lol, interesting.

Two other notable F1 drivers (modern era) actually ran more races than Kimi. The 1997 F1 champion, Jacques Villeneuve (who ran in a bunch of different series around the world), ran four Cup races, nine Xfinity races, and seven truck races. He never won but did score four top-5's in the Xfinity series.

But the most successful F1 to Nascar driver was Juan Pablo Montoya. After six seasons in F1 (Williams, McClaren) where he won seven grand prix, including Monza and Monaco, he was lured to Nascar by owner Chip Ganassi. He ran nine seasons for Ganassi, winning two races (road courses) and scoring 24 top 5's. His highest point finish in Cup was 8th in 2009.

Only Graham Hill, Mario Andretti, and Juan Montoya have won both the Indy 500 and the Monaco GP. Hill also won LeMans, considered world auto racing's Triple Crown. But Andretti won a Daytona 500, giving him his own highly incredible triple crown. AJ Foyt also earned a triple crown of his own by being the only driver to ever win an Indy 500, LeMans, and the Daytona 500.

Last edited:
Two other notable F1 drivers (modern era) actually ran more races than Kimi. The 1997 F1 champion, Jacques Villeneuve (who ran in a bunch of different series around the world), ran four Cup races, nine Xfinity races, and seven truck races. He never won but did score four top-5's in the Xfinity series.

But the most successful F1 to Nascar driver was Juan Pablo Montoya. After six seasons in F1 (Williams, McClaren) where he won seven grand prix, including Monza and Monaco, he was lured to Nascar by owner Chip Ganassi. He ran nine seasons for Ganassi, winning two races (road courses) and scoring 24 top 5's. His highest point finish in Cup was 8th in 2009.

Only Graham Hill, Mario Andretti, and Juan Montoya have won both the Indy 500 and the Monaco GP. Hill also won LeMans, considered world auto racing's Triple Crown. But Andretti won a Daytona 500, giving him his own highly incredible triple crown. AJ Foyt also earned a triple crown of his own by being the only driver to ever win an Indy 500, LeMans, and the Daytona 500.
I definitely remember Andretti and Foyt had run in different leagues, and I vaguely remember Montoya doing that, but wasn't aware of the others.

Wasn't Andretti and another racer excluded from an F1 race they participated in because they left to race in another league?
I think this was in the 70s, I'd have to re-watch the series I believe mentions this if no one remembers. I can't seem to Google it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom