Formula One (1 Viewer)

How was Hamilton able to reverse onto the track without getting a penalty? How could that not be considered unsafe?

As long as the driver does it safely, it's not a penalty to reverse back on to the track. Apparently F1 was didn't think it was unsafe (they were monitoring Hamilton's radio and listening to the instructions being given to him about it being safe to reverse).

I think the race had gone red flag just a few moments after he went off anyway (for the Bottas crash).

Last edited:
Announcers: It's extremely difficult to overtake at Imola!

Hamilton: Overtakes 7 of the 8 fastest cars in 26 laps

Botas: Can't deal with Stroll

It will be interesting to see what happens in the US. It's not unheard of to have more than one F1 race per year in the US (I think they used to have two back in the second-half of the 20th Century), but it doesn't seem likely. F1 wants to expand in the US market (viewers, interest, etc.) but there are only so many races on the annual schedule (23 in 2021).

The contract with the Circuit of Americas (Austin, TX) expires after this year and hasn't been renewed. Instead F1 is going to Miami (and apparently part of the support from Texas state funds was exclusivity).

Right now everything seems to point to Miami being the US venue for F1 for the next 10 years. Any other grand prix on American soil would be a surprise.

Every week Mercedes is like, "We really didn't expect to be at the front of the grid" and every week they are, or even set the fastest time on track.

"These tires are shot!" Sets fastest lap

Every week Mercedes is like, "We really didn't expect to be at the front of the grid" and every week they are, or even set the fastest time on track.

"These tires are shot!" Sets fastest lap
They’re on another level.

I think Verstappen ended up with fastest lap with that last lap run on new tires.

They deleted it because he exceeded track limits on that lap (went out of bounds on turn 14). Bottas got the fastest lap.

Ah, thanks. I turned it off right after the checkers.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom