2021 LSU Recruiting Thread (2 Viewers)

Orgeron continuing to cash in on the good vibes...

#1 QB for 2021 Caleb Williams will be at the TAMU game. He has visited over the summer and went to camp. Nothing but positive things from this kid about LSU. The Tigers are very much in play with this one, folks. He would be the Matt Leinert to Burrow's Carson Palmer. His talent is elite.

#1 QB for 2021 Caleb Williams will be at the TAMU game. He has visited over the summer and went to camp. Nothing but positive things from this kid about LSU. The Tigers are very much in play with this one, folks. He would be the Matt Leinert to Burrow's Carson Palmer. His talent is elite.

What do you know about the two QBs in the current class?

What do you know about the two QBs in the current class?
Physically they're gifted, but they need work. Max Johnson is more athletic than most people assume. he grew up in an NFL household with a Pro-QB father, so I'm sure his work habits and film study is where it needs to be. TJ has a cannon for an arm and has demonstrated some serious leadership traits already in this recruiting class. His HS coach is known for his running game and when TJ arrived, he completely changed everything for him. Neither were really surrounded with much talent in terms of the skill players in HS.

QBs commit early in the cycle for the most part, so you got who you got at this point. People love the recruiting stars, but plenty of very good QBs were forgotten when recruiting rankings came out. Next year, they'll have Brennan, Parrish and the two new guys on scholarship, so they need both of them. Orgeron, Slinger and Brady seem to be pretty fond of these guys, so I'll trust they're evaluation of the players until they prove we can't.

Caleb Williams is supposedly the kind of talent who could step in right after Brennan, though...

Physically they're gifted, but they need work. Max Johnson is more athletic than most people assume. he grew up in an NFL household with a Pro-QB father, so I'm sure his work habits and film study is where it needs to be. TJ has a cannon for an arm and has demonstrated some serious leadership traits already in this recruiting class. His HS coach is known for his running game and when TJ arrived, he completely changed everything for him. Neither were really surrounded with much talent in terms of the skill players in HS.

QBs commit early in the cycle for the most part, so you got who you got at this point. People love the recruiting stars, but plenty of very good QBs were forgotten when recruiting rankings came out. Next year, they'll have Brennan, Parrish and the two new guys on scholarship, so they need both of them. Orgeron, Slinger and Brady seem to be pretty fond of these guys, so I'll trust they're evaluation of the players until they prove we can't.

Caleb Williams is supposedly the kind of talent who could step in right after Brennan, though...

Thanks for the writeup

Definitely need both since we are going to see more QBs entering the transfer portal if they dont win starting jobs

Beginning of the end of the Saban dynasty?

Beginning of the end of the Saban dynasty?

I think the beginning of the end was the embarrassing loss to Clemson in the championship game earlier this year. Since that loss, it seems like they have had more transfers after that season, during this season and players de-committing along with their normal loss of coaches to other jobs and players going to the NFL. In the two games they played where there was equal talent to their own, they lost (Clemson and LSU). I'm not sure Auburn has equal talent top to bottom, but they have a great defense and it was a rivalry game and Bama lost that one too.

Last edited:

I think the beginning of the end was the embarrassing loss to Clemson in the championship game earlier this year. Since that loss, it seems like they have had more transfers after that season, during this season and players de-committing along with their normal loss of coaches to other jobs and players going to the NFL. In the two games they played where there was equal talent to their own, they lost (Clemson and LSU). I'm not sure Auburn has equal talent top to bottom, but they have a great defense and it was a rivalry game and Bama lost that one too.

The problem with staying at the top is once the mystique wears off just a little, top players start to realize that they have a lower chance of getting playing time if the starter is in the same grade or one year in front of them. Winning cures all...losing and your coach wigging out and telling the players to go get forked (paraphrasing) doesnt help either

The problem with staying at the top is once the mystique wears off just a little, top players start to realize that they have a lower chance of getting playing time if the starter is in the same grade or one year in front of them. Winning cures all...losing and your coach wigging out and telling the players to go get forked (paraphrasing) doesnt help either
They are also losing more juniors to the NFL than they used to and it had brought them back to earth. Plus, what they were doing is not sustainable. It's no small fest they were maintain as long as they did. Now an entire generation of Gumps are about to see how everyone else lives.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom