2021 Masters Golf Tournament Discussion (1 Viewer)

nice eagle chip at 15 for your boy, mr spieth
That sucker might have been wet if it didn't hit the stick. That would've been a three or four shot swing for him.

He was fortunate that the eagle shot was dead in line with the pin. He triple-bogied 9 and still ended up at -1. Augusta is making some very good players look mortal.

He was fortunate that the eagle shot was dead in line with the pin. He triple-bogied 9 and still ended up at -1. Augusta is making some very good players look mortal.
Tomorrow's gonna be interesting if the greens soften up. Rose seemed like the only one to consistently get em to stick and he was rewarded for it. I think we're gonna see a lot of movement if that's the case.

OH, THE CARNAGE!

7 of the top 20 golfers in the world missed the cut:

Dustin Johnson #1
Patrick Cantlay #10
Brooks Koepka #11
Rory McIlroy #12
Daniel Berger #15
Sungjae Im #19
Lee Westwood #20
------------------------
Just at the cut line of +3

Billy Horschel #17
Paul Casey #18

All this happened as the course played 2.5 strokes easier on average today than yesterday.

choke it a good bit and you are still likely to have the shaft in the way.

how long did he have to play this way? I can’t remember if they will let you pick up a putter at the turn. Seems like you have to finish.
I believe it was on hole 15 that he broke his putter in anger. No replacement allowed. He finished the round using his 3 wood as a putter.

choke it a good bit and you are still likely to have the shaft in the way.

how long did he have to play this way? I can’t remember if they will let you pick up a putter at the turn. Seems like you have to finish.
Roy McAvoy did it.

OH, THE CARNAGE!

7 of the top 20 golfers in the world missed the cut:

Dustin Johnson #1
Patrick Cantlay #10
Brooks Koepka #11
Rory McIlroy #12
Daniel Berger #15
Sungjae Im #19
Lee Westwood #20
------------------------
Just at the cut line of +3

Billy Horschel #17
Paul Casey #18

All this happened as the course played 2.5 strokes easier on average today than yesterday.
The bad news, Dustin, is you didn't make the cut. The worst news is you have to stay 2 extra days now.

I'm rooting for the Berhard Langer-Owen Wilson look alike.

Last edited:
Hideki Matsuyama had a fantastic back nine on Saturday making 4 birdies and an eagle and shot a 65 and has a 4 stroke lead. He'll be hard to catch today. Poor Justin Rose has been stuck on -7 since the first round.

Not a golf fan, but i’m watching The Masters today for only the third time in my life.. First was when Tiger won in 1997.. Second was when an LSU guy had a chance to win it all a few years ago.. Today, a Japanese guy has a great chance of winning .. After all the BS over the last year, an Asian person winning The Masters would be poetic justice in the best way... Geaux Hideki !

Not a golf fan, but i’m watching The Masters today for only the third time in my life.. First was when Tiger won in 1997.. Second was when an LSU guy had a chance to win it all a few years ago.. Today, a Japanese guy has a great chance of winning .. After all the BS over the last year, an Asian person winning The Masters would be poetic justice in the best way... Geaux Hideki !

who, David Toms? I want to say it was the last year the NOLA tourney was at English Turn and I was out there on Sunday when he was front running. Had Jack Nicholas size following with everyone chanting L S U as he walked down the fairways. I’ve never seen anything close to it in golf. Gave me chills.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom