NFL 2021 NFL League News (Signings, tags and more) (13 Viewers)

Saint Lattimore

Hall of Shamer
Reaction score
I posted this back before the NFL Draft…
Mason was among the final cuts for Baltimore, who already have a Pro-Bowl FB entrenched on their roster in Patrick Ricard and a deep TE group (where Mason was competing during TC).

With the Saints releasing Alex Armah, and currently not having a FB, and the uncertainty surrounding the Saints TE corps, Mason would provide a boost to both groups… as well as special teams.
I’m really hoping the Saints will snatch this kid up for the active roster or at least the practice squad. I believe he has a bright future in the NFL for a team that still uses the old school FB.

Ben Mason, FB, Michigan
Height: 6-3. Weight: 254

2A4C15E4-834F-4BE8-BF3D-75DE8DDC7D7E.jpeg

I have no issue with Michael Burton, and I think he was a solid FB and good presence for the Saints... but he is a FA... and while he was good, he was also limited and has no more real upside at this point. If the Saints were to look for a potential upgrade... I submit Ben Mason from Michigan.

Mason is a beast. He has great upside and untapped potential as receiving FB. He is also a special teams stud... and he even started a game for Michigan on the DL! He can likely be had on Day 3 or as an UDFA.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom