2021 NFL Mock Draft: Five QBs go off the board in top half of the first round (1 Viewer)

with that draft got to take the chance on Trask or trade out of the 1st, if nobody bites BPA however rather not take a WR in the 1st that's the one position we have depth at... last i looked none of our WRs or FA next season....

I don't think Saints are going to trade up for the 5th best QB on their board. They go after coveted players in trades not settling for one.

Trading up for a player is totally different set of rules when it comes to QB. For the Saints to trade up for a QB. He probably has to be not only the top 3 QB on the value board, but also on their board.

It fits their mo with draft trades on VALUE and BPA.

If jamar chase falls to 18 loomis better trade up to 18 and get him lol

Hard to decide until we see what players we end up losing
O-line could use a little more help, though perhaps not with a first round pick

I don't there's as many QB needy teams out there as we think. The head coaches of QB needy teams we're all thinking of are probably going to look to give it one more year before risking their jobs on a first round QB. Keep in mind there will be Free Agent starter level QB's as well: Stafford, Rivers, potential camp battle starter in Jameis, Trubisky, Dalton, Newton, hell even Fitz.

NYJ - QB
WFT - QB
Jags - QB

Detroit - New HC probably will want his own guy, but Stafford is a legit starter and will prevent any other team that goes after him from taking a QB round 1. See below:
Pats - I think they're more than likely taking a QB, but you never know with BB and they need a ton of other help too and Bill might not want to start all over again with a rookie. He seems like a veteran kind of guy.

Minnesota - Kirk is actually starting to play well again and they've always been a run heavy/solid D team anyway. Likely to invest elsewhere.
San Fran - Jimmy G's contract wayyy to big to deal. He stays.
Denver - Run it back with Lock while he's on his rookie deal.
TB - Run it back year 2 with Brady, 1st round investment in a QB way too high when Brady wants to win now.
Carolina - Teddy is there at least 3 years
Chicago - Foles on a 3 year deal. He's stuck at least another year before Nagy tries to start over or is fired.
Philly - See Chicago, also they took Hurts in the second last year.
NYG - Jets obviously taking TLaw, Giants will run it back with Jones to try to prove themselves correct on him
Indy - Interesting one. Rivers is on a one year deal but he's playing fantastic. Could bring him back for one more go. They also might pick behind us if something awful happens in our postseason.
Raiders - Love Carr
Dallas - No way they take a QB round 1 when the Dak is bak.

So yea, that leaves a ton of room to have at least 1, probably 2 very good QB prospects to fall to us. I would definitely say we should stay put exactly where we are and get the rook another weapon on the cheap before we throw away picks to "make sure we get our guy".
Good points but with so many teams that need a QB and the veterans available are late 30’s in age and then new coaching staffs it’s a lot that has to go right for us. After Zach Wilson I’m passing on every other QB in the first round.

I say we stick with Taysom as a one year experiment or sign Stafford.

If jamar chase falls to 18 loomis better trade up to 18 and get him lol

Loomis isn’t an LSU fan. Under no circumstance are we trading up in the 1st round for a wide receiver.

Loomis isn’t an LSU fan. Under no circumstance are we trading up in the 1st round for a wide receiver.
Can you stop this ridiculous narrative? Drafted Clapp, traded for Kwon in last 3 years. LSU is consistently between 1-3 in number of NFL players and their rookies this year are outstanding.
Loomis isn’t going to blackball any university with that NFL production.

Can you stop this ridiculous narrative? Drafted Clapp, traded for Kwon in last 3 years. LSU is consistently between 1-3 in number of NFL players and their rookies this year are outstanding.
Loomis isn’t going to blackball any university with that NFL production.

You’re reading too much into what I said. What I said is what I mean. He’s not an LSU fan. That doesn’t mean he won’t draft LSU players.
But he’s not one of the LSU fans around here who wants to trade up for players we don’t even need because they went to LSU.

Did you miss the second sentence? “Under no circumstances are we trading up for a wide receiver.” Notice I didn’t say LSU wide receiver. I said wide receiver. You made my post something it’s not.

I don't think Saints are going to trade up for the 5th best QB on their board. They go after coveted players in trades not settling for one.

Trading up for a player is totally different set of rules when it comes to QB. For the Saints to trade up for a QB. He probably has to be not only the top 3 QB on the value board, but also on their board.

It fits their mo with draft trades on VALUE and BPA.

I agree with not trading up, not sure you notice I said trade out of the 1st (round that is) ....

Uh, Kyle trask

Id keep an eye on JT Daniels. He likely returns to UGA to make a run at being the #1 overall pick next year, but if he finishes strong he may come out and be available late round 1. While I love Zach Wilson, I’d take Daniels over him. This one game features every NFL throw you could ever need

Id keep an eye on JT Daniels. He likely returns to UGA to make a run at being the #1 overall pick next year, but if he finishes strong he may come out and be available late round 1. While I love Zach Wilson, I’d take Daniels over him. This one game features every NFL throw you could ever need

No way, no how. Daniels has a long way to go before he’s even remotely at the NFL level IMO.

No way, no how. Daniels has a long way to go before he’s even remotely at the NFL level IMO.

He just needs reps. I’m not someone who hypes my teams players up. JT will be special. Still a bit raw but he reclassified in high school and graduated as a Junior. He was starting at USC at 17 years old. He has as much upside/ceiling as any quarterback likely to be drafted this year or next. Ideally Brees would play one more season in this situation to give JT a year to learn.

I would love the Falcons to take him

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom