2022 LSU Baseball Thread (1 Viewer)

Reaction score

I fell asleep after a few innings and woke up to the final score. I'll watch it tomorrow after work, but sounds like things started off on the right foot.

Just happy to see a win after a couple top teams list their openers...

Last edited:
I want to see a repeat of this today and tomorrow. Then I'll be happy with the opening series.

I want to see a repeat of this today and tomorrow. Then I'll be happy with the opening series.
I want to see good pitching, hot bats, and timely hitting early and often this year. If the Tigers could keep from stranding so many runner on base, we'll have a good season.

Seems like we have plenty of offensive firepower. Of course, we aren't going against the toughest of opponents, but so far, so good.

Seems like we have plenty of offensive firepower. Of course, we aren't going against the toughest of opponents, but so far, so good.
What's going to be the big hurdle for LSU this year will be finding good pitching & defense. Hopefully the bats will keep popping as the season progresses.

Hell yes. Crush that ball all the time. I guess if we can score 17 a game does it really matter if we have pitching and defense? (I kid, I kid)

Hell yes. Crush that ball all the time. I guess if we can score 17 a game does it really matter if we have pitching and defense? (I kid, I kid)
Hey, I'm with you there!
Is there any way we can get Maine on our schedule for the remainder of the season?
If so, I smell a berth to the CWS! :9:

Hang on, LSU eeked out a win against Bethune-Cookman to open the series? What happened to the team that was crushing the ball?

Hang on, LSU eeked out a win against Bethune-Cookman to open the series? What happened to the team that was crushing the ball?
Jay seems to be tinkering with players and pitchers from what I have seen. Let him get it figured out now before conference play I suppose.

They seem to have traded multiple jacks for multiple errors in recent games. Giving up so many unearned runs has a way of keeping even inferior teams in the game. That kind of defense will get you killed when playing an SEC schedule. Hopefully we'll figure things out sooner than later.

I wonder how long it’s going to take Jay Johnson to figure out which of his pitchers can get the job done. Clearly most of them were not ready for the challenge that faces LSU this year. The SEC schedule ahead is going to be brutal. :covri:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom