2022 LSU Recruiting Thread (1 Viewer)

LSU is already adding recruits. I'll come back to add a few more, but Bill Busch is killing it early. Today we have one of the top safeties in the country commit.

What is your opinion on the offense going forward? I figure even if Joe Brady was the architect, Ensminger is smart enough to retain the concepts

How much does losing Burrow hurt? People talk about how college kids have to adjust to the NFL and the term is "the game has to slow down for them" and I think that is what impressed me the most about Burrow...the game just seemed to move so slow for him already

What is your opinion on the offense going forward?
How much does losing Burrow hurt?
My guess is that LSU's level of offensive proficiency this season is directly proportionate to how much Brennan has developed and has learned the new offense.
While he may not have to be a good as Burrow was to be successful, he does have to be better than the last time he started as our QB.

The 2019 LSU Offense was arguably the best college offense in our lifetime, so the production will definitely drop. Most colleges never have a QB like Burrow, so I doubt LSU fans ever see another QB like him in an LSU uniform. Any expectation of that level of performance in an offense or QB is simply misguided and setting yourself up for disappointment. That's the bad news.

The good news is that every year prior to 2019 has seen a team named the best in college football without the offensive output or the performance we saw from Burrow at LSU, so LSU doesn't need a repeat performance to win it all. They just need to beat the teams on their schedule and do don't see any unwinnable games.

Ensminger asked O to hire someone to teach him spread concepts, so Brady has fulfilled his purpose. I think it's naive to feel that suddenly LSUs offense is going to regress schematically.

As for the impact of Joe Burrow: IMO, Losing Burrow will hurt LSU less than Bama losing Tua. I feel pretty good about a Miles Brennan that's been shadowing Burrow for 2 years, working with Ensminger for 3 years and about to become a full time football player after he graduates this semester.

Last edited:
Expecting Walker Howard, son of Jaime to commit any day now.

Being reported he committed. Stuff like this makes me feel old. I was at LSU when Jamie was the QB. Poor guy got ripped on sports talk especially from this 1 guy, can't remember his name. Can't remember his name but I remember he went to De La Salle in New Orleans.

Being reported he committed. Stuff like this makes me feel old. I was at LSU when Jamie was the QB. Poor guy got ripped on sports talk especially from this 1 guy, can't remember his name. Can't remember his name but I remember he went to De La Salle in New Orleans.

Jordy Hultbrrg maybe? He went to De La Salle. I waited tables with his sister in college.

I knew Walker Howard’s mother well too. She passed away recently, a very sad deal. I didn’t know Jamie as well as his wife, but he was a very friendly guy on the few times we talked.

Walker has good genes on both sides. His mother had good athletes in her family. Nothing not to like about this pick up for LSU.

LSU has already offered their 2023 QB who also is an LSU legacy in Eli Holstein. Eli will be playing for Zachary next year. Of course, Arch Manning awaits, too.

This is where LSU starts that pipeline of QBs like they did at USC. Burrow showed what was possible. Myles will follow, continued by Nussmeier, then Walker, then hopefully Holstein or Manning. All smart kids with good arms, but maybe more importantly a football pedigree.

I don't recall Louisiana every producing QBs like this, one year after the other.

Jordy Hultbrrg maybe? He went to De La Salle. I waited tables with his sister in college.

I knew Walker Howard’s mother well too. She passed away recently, a very sad deal. I didn’t know Jamie as well as his wife, but he was a very friendly guy on the few times we talked.

Walker has good genes on both sides. His mother had good athletes in her family. Nothing not to like about this pick up for LSU.

Richard Condon. I believe he also went to De La Salle or maybe I confused that part with Jordy. I believe Jordy was on WAFB at the time.

I remember reading that Jamie and Walker both had Covid in April.

I was at LSU in the fall of 1993 and in the Tiger Band

We made up a word....it was Howardable. Meant worse than terrible

• 1Like
Reactions: MLU
saw were Texas lost a commit from Ewers which means he probably headed to the SEC now

On 247Sports, Campbell is ranked as the No. 1 prospect in Louisiana, No. 5 offensive tackle in the country and No. 45 overall prospect in the class.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom