2022 Tropical Season thread MERGE (2 Viewers)

Its kind of wild here in Panama City. Wind whipping south hard enough to bend the palm trees over. And tomorrow is the windy day. But forecast on dark sky’s predicts 0% chance of rain.

Its kind of wild here in Panama City. Wind whipping south hard enough to bend the palm trees over. And tomorrow is the windy day. But forecast on dark sky’s predicts 0% chance of rain.
How has Panama City recovered from the immense, severe damage Hurricane Micheal did to your area, region around this time 4 years ago? I know there was some controversy with local officials, FEMA execs sitting on a lot of potential relief aid because if the hurricane got postmously upgraded to a Category 5, it would mean more badly I needed relief aid would be granted and FEMA or NOAA were a little reluctant to upgrade the storm, after the fact. I know or have heard stories about how the recovery and rebuilding has been difficult, if not somewhat extremely frustrating at times for some residents. I know Tyndall AFB was significantly affected but being a high-priority military installation, overall recovery likely wasnt too difficult

How has Panama City recovered from the immense, severe damage Hurricane Micheal did to your area, region around this time 4 years ago? I know there was some controversy with local officials, FEMA execs sitting on a lot of potential relief aid because if the hurricane got postmously upgraded to a Category 5, it would mean more badly I needed relief aid would be granted and FEMA or NOAA were a little reluctant to upgrade the storm, after the fact. I know or have heard stories about how the recovery and rebuilding has been difficult, if not somewhat extremely frustrating at times for some residents. I know Tyndall AFB was significantly affected but being a high-priority military installation, overall recovery likely wasnt too difficult
Well I’m just here for vacation. But it looks really good. The building condo I am in is under construction but that is because work done after Michael must be redone.

"I've lived here over 30 years" "the media hypes these up"

The last time the Tampa area had a direct hit was 1921. 101 years ago.

I will say, I do know of some corporate office buildings that had new hurricane window's put in and told their work force they could shelter at work, with their family and pets. But, I don't think they expected anyone to work.

My best friend sold and installed their glass, and he told them to keep everything locked, especially the doors, and to watch people taking smoke breaks, and opening the doors. Can't let the wind in.

"I've lived here over 30 years" "the media hypes these up"

The last time the Tampa area had a direct hit was 1921. 101 years ago.

The last time a major Cat 3 or higher hurricane hit Clearwater/St. Petersburg/Tampa region, Scientology wasnt even a religion, much less an idea or the city where the religion's headquarters, de facto base is located now, St. Petersburg/Tampa's population was around 50,000 people at the time, more notorious for its bootlegging, illegal drug-running operations from the Caribbean, Bahamas, and Cuba for organized crime syndicates, and anyone old enough now to remember the storm likely can't remember it, due to them being only a couple months old when the Tarpon Springs storm hit back then(thats what local central Fla. historians call the 1921 Tampa hurricane) or their likely suffering from advanced Alzheimer's/dementia and don't know their own names much less a hurricane over a century old.

The Tampa/St. Petersburg/Clearwater region population is now up to close to 3 million people and the topography, overall geography of this area of central Florida has radically changed from mostly swampland, dangerous, eerie, scary marshes scattered away from the Everglades to a burgeoning, bristling emerging metropolis nearly a century later. Even 50 years ago, Tampa was still considered by many observers, and developers as a still-somewhat rural backwater city, a speed bump to drive through and enjoy for vacationers on their way from Atlanta down to Miami.

Strangely enough, Atlanta's population 50 years ago, was just a little under 1 million residents, and even 40 years ago, it was maybe closing in and around 2 million people overall, now its 7.7 million people and still growing.

Last edited:
The company is run by $cientology International .. which, being based in Clearwater, makes total sense .
Ive read more then a few articles and talked to more then my fair share of former Clearwater residents, tourists who travelled to and through there over the years and they all essentially concur around the basic fact that since the late 70's/early 80's, particularly more so after David Miscavige took over, Scientology essentially runs Clearwater, Fla. or is at least, the power behind the throne, so to speak.

Being on the east side of a monster is not a pretty thing. Fort Myers is going to get it much much worse than Tampa if it lands between them.

Yep, but from the angle it's approaching, they're both going to get kicked.

Also, I drove the (NOLA) lakefront this evening, and the wind is whipping and the surf is splashing over the seawall into the road in some places.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom