2022 Tropical Season thread MERGE (1 Viewer)

I was with my friend today for lunch - his parents live in Sarasota and stayed. He’s mad. He was talking to them on the phone.

I said “ask him if they realize how long the power is gonna be out”.

He goes “yeah they realize that.”

I said “ask them if they realize the sun comes back out when the storm leaves.”

I really don’t think enough people appreciate this part of it. It’s brutal. Gonna be high 80s down there in a few days.
And humid, making it oppressively muggy. Like Ward said earlier, some people have to learn the hard way.

My dad rode it out in North Port, even though I pleaded with him to leave.
They came out OK. The canal swelled up incredibly high behind there house and the storm toppled 3 forty foot Oak trees, luckily they did not come down on the house. Their pool bird cage simply blew away. New roof was installed last month and that and the home are holding up well. He said the road looks 3x the size and is rushing like a river.

Yeah but today was legit. He earned that check today.
Sure. But he shouldn’t have been out there. People are told to stay indoors and out of the weather, and jackasses like him just have to report from in the elements.

Sure. But he shouldn’t have been out there. People are told to stay indoors and out of the weather, and jackasses like him just have to report from in the elements.
Yeah. One day one of them is going to die and everyone will realize how stupid the whole thing is.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom