2022 Tropical Season thread MERGE (1 Viewer)

“predicting above-average hurricane activity this year — which would make it the seventh consecutive above-average hurricane season”

What’s a “normal” season, and when does that baseline change?

I found this on Wikipedia, I don’t know if it’s where these “normal” numbers come from though.

”On average, 10.1 named storms occur each season, with an average of 5.9 becoming hurricanes and 2.5 becoming major hurricanes (Category 3 or greater).”
Keep in mind all it takes is one to make it a bad year for some areas . Hurricane Andrew is a great example. It
was the first named storm of the 92 season and didn't form until August 16th. 1969 also had below average activity. It
still produced Camille . I'll take memories of Camille to my grave. I was watching cartoons and my mom says we
have to leave now. I asked her why. She said bad weather will becoming here soon. We walked across the street to
the local elementary school. My 7 year old mind still didn't understand. Later that evening the venetian blinds started
floating toward the ceiling and then slammed back down. The roof was torn off down the hall and you could hear screams. Those people evacuated to other rooms including ours. It's an experience I never want to live through again.

Good news for you then....allegedly its supposed to track to the NE and emerge over the southwest gulf sometime next week. I got a feeling this season is going to suck.
Yep, that's the only reason I posted it. Normally, I have no concern for Pacific stuff, but since it's on course to cross over, I figured it was worth a mention. If you haven't done so already, it's a good time to get prepared for the season.

Good news for you then....allegedly its supposed to track to the NE and emerge over the southwest gulf sometime next week. I got a feeling this season is going to suck.

Yep, that's the only reason I posted it. Normally, I have no concern for Pacific stuff, but since it's on course to cross over, I figured it was worth a mention. If you haven't done so already, it's a good time to get prepared for the season.
I just purchased a new generator. I have to figure out what to do with the 8 gallons of old gasoline so I can refill my cans.

I just purchased a new generator. I have to figure out what to do with the 8 gallons of old gasoline so I can refill my cans.
At todays prices, mix in some Sta-Bill and sell it. No one needs to know.

It's too late for last year. This year at the end of lawn season run all your gas operated equipment out of fuel. If
you have extra gas, put it in your car. Make sure you are buying ethanol free gas for your lawn equipment also.

It's too late for last year. This year at the end of lawn season run all your gas operated equipment out of fuel. If
you have extra gas, put it in your car. Make sure you are buying ethanol free gas for your lawn equipment also.
Everything is empty except the two 5 gallon cans of gasoline.😁

Everything is empty except the two 5 gallon cans of gasoline.😁
You may be SOL. Personally, I'd take the loss and dispose of it if a stabilizer wasn't added.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom