2022 Tropical Season thread MERGE (1 Viewer)

You may be SOL. Personally, I'd take the loss and dispose of it if a stabilizer wasn't added.

Yeh, it’s too old to salvage and I know I’ll have to bite the bullet. I’m just not sure how to dispose of it.

just like my Edward Jones app, im not opening this until Nov 1.

im pulling a 'gmr lenten sabbatical"

see yall in November. lol

FYI- the insurance market in SE LA is upside down. If we get another storm this year, all bets are off. We are currently seeing rates DOUBLE that of last year for HIGHER deductibles for those LUCKY enough to have a carrier offering Wind/Hail coverage.

If you arent, the ONLY other avenue is thru La Citizens Fair Plan whose rates are even more.

Such a mess.

Yea we’re getting raked over the coals bad

Houston met Jeff Lindner sent an update on the remains of Agatha and potential impacts to the Atlantic basin.

An area of low pressure is expected to form over the Yucatan area late this week as the remains of eastern Pacific hurricane Agatha move northeastward across Mexico and toward the southern Bay of Campeche and western Yucatan coast. Global forecast models indicate that low pressure will eventually reform from the remains somewhere in the vicinity of the Yucatan.

With high pressure over the southern plains and a trough over the US east coast anything that forms will be steered toward the NE/ENE in the general direction of central/southern FL, Cuba, and the Bahamas.

Upper levels will only be marginally favorable for develop with moderate to at times strong westerly wind shear in place over the southeast and eastern Gulf of Mexico, but wind shear may be weak enough to allow a surface low to form and then general displacement of much of the rainfall and thunderstorms toward the eastern side of the system.

Given high pressure in place over TX, any tropical storm formation will NOT be a threat to the Texas coast.

Our top meteorologist in Tampa(Denis Phillips) is not even a bit worried about this and calls it a rainmaker and not much else. Telling his viewers to ignore the fear mongering by outside media. As always, be prepared for hurricane season, but don't ever buy into the fear that others try to infect upon you, they just want to have what ever impact they can on your life, they thrive off knowing they have caused you to take some kind of action because of the fear they induced in you.

Our top meteorologist in Tampa(Denis Phillips) is not even a bit worried about this and calls it a rainmaker and not much else. Telling his viewers to ignore the fear mongering by outside media. As always, be prepared for hurricane season, but don't ever buy into the fear that others try to infect upon you, they just want to have what ever impact they can on your life, they thrive off knowing they have caused you to take some kind of action because of the fear they induced in you.

I'm sorry is anyone in the "outside media" hyping up this depression?

I think that every resident of the Gulf coast has a pretty good idea of who to listen to and when.

It’s newsworthy because it’s early June, it’s the first of the season, and it came from the pacific and reformed, which doesn’t happen often. I don’t think anyone has classified it as anything more dire than “bears watching”.

It’s newsworthy because it’s early June, it’s the first of the season, and it came from the pacific and reformed, which doesn’t happen often. I don’t think anyone has classified it as anything more dire than “bears watching”.
Some.people, Jim Cantore and others at the Weather Channel that means you, fall into that category of being "fear-mongerers", as well as despicable, smug, self-righteous priggish butt crevasses who always act like their pissing in their collective pants with glee whenever some TS or hurricane appears to be headed towards the Gulf Coast from June-November. Their sorry, sanctimonious arses can fly in their Weather Channel corporate planes to survey the damage, talk to locals who've nearly Lost their minds, as well as their homes, and livliehoods. Meanwhile, once their sorry-arse, put on photo-op, " destruction" tour is over, they can all hop back on their forking planes, drink free alcohol, and return to their air-conditioned, climate controlled homes and apartments in Atlanta, and never HAVE TO forkING WORRY ABOUT WHAT ITS LIKE TO LIVE IN TERROR WATCHING A CAT 4 HURRICANE SLOWLY CREEP TOWARDS THE CITY WHERE THEY LIVE AND wonder how much their going to lose this time once all hell breaks out.

Over the past several years, Ive come to view most of the TS and Hurricane experts as well as the on-location meteorologists as "the enemy", baseless, unethical, sensationalist butt crevasses who love to stoke up fear, worry, resentment, extreme concern because they act like every Tropical Wave, every 93L that forms off the west coast of Africa is coming straight to Central or Eastern Gulf Coasts. I make no apologies for how much I dislike or even worse, hate them right now, many long-time SR.com posters are well aware of my feelings towards Cantore, Mike Slidell, and Mike Bettis on the Weather Channel.

That's cool and all, but did anyone here post any fear?

The post I shared, was Dr. Cowan who is the furthest thing from a fear monger, who said it's pretty much a rain threat. The. End.

Honestly, I just don't want my weekend rained out.

Update is pretty much the same. Sloppy system moving over central or Southern Florida. Rain will be well ahead of the center. No wind threat. Flood prone areas will likely flood. But the storm won't linger.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom