2022 Tropical Season thread MERGE (2 Viewers)

Yeah, that was a stalled front. Can't remember if it was May 3rd or May 8th. Northshore got slammed hard on that one too.
correct. I was mistaken. It was a late season cold front,not a late one.

May 8th, 1995. The May 3rd one was 1979, I believe. (EDIT -- I shoulda looked it up -- it was May 3rd, 1978)

The 1995 flood, in Metairie:

I had driven to my friend's house late afternoon, during a light rain. We took a ride to ZM Video about an hour later, in a heavier but not terrible rain.

Around 8:00, we cracked open beers and started a game of chess in his carpeted front room. The rain kept getting harder and harder, but you know -- it rains hard in New Orleans all the time, no biggie.

About an hour into the game ... we noticed that the carpet was starting to float. We commenced to getting all electronics, valuables, and some furniture off the floor in the rest of the house pronto. The ended up with about eight inches of water in the house.

That week was the first time I ever saw a FEMA trailer -- my friend's neighbors had gotten one.
My memory was I had to take a different route to work that day. Normally I'd take the route over the Biloxi river
bridge. It was underwater. I was in route sales at the time. My day was short. Nearly every business I delivered to
was closed. There were areas on the coast that experienced more flooding than they did during hurricane Camille.

May 8th, 1995. The May 3rd one was 1979, I believe. (EDIT -- I shoulda looked it up -- it was May 3rd, 1978)

The 1995 flood, in Metairie:

I had driven to my friend's house late afternoon, during a light rain. We took a ride to ZM Video about an hour later, in a heavier but not terrible rain.
ZM Video huh? Man, that brings back memories!

Things have been very quiet so far and I like it that way, but wanted to bump this thread to remind folks that we're getting to that time of year when you want to be ready. There's a wave about to leave the West African coast, so it looks like Africa is about to go "pew, pew, pew" at us.

Yeah apparently everything coming off of Africa has been super dry so far. Hope it stays that way.

Things have been very quiet so far and I like it that way, but wanted to bump this thread to remind folks that we're getting to that time of year when you want to be ready. There's a wave about to leave the West African coast, so it looks like Africa is about to go "pew, pew, pew" at us.
The following comment could be placed on the thread Earth. It's 1 pm on the Ms. coast. The Temp is 85F.
That is 7 degrees below normal. I welcome this cooling spell.

The wet season in Africa is about to begin very soon. It's not the only danger. Keep your eye on the bay of Campeche.

I searched but did we really make it to late August without a proper seasonal thread? Wow, it's been nice and calm.

That's about to change. Multiple runs of the GFS have been showing a gulf hurricane with the euro ensembles onboard. Not only that, it appears that a really ideal patter for storm development locks in place for weeks and multiple storms form in the Atlantic.

1661520914139.png

been taking a look the last few days. was waiting on a thread. last 3 runs had it in mexico/texas border, houston and now this.

as usual, wait and see.

No homie

Thank you. Could have sworn there was one I guess I failed to search "tropical" instead of "tropics" or "hurricane". I'm just thankful the mods have something to do now. :hihi:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom