2022 Tropical Season thread MERGE (11 Viewers)

bonnjer

Let the Wins Count begin!
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
We're rapidly approaching that time of year. Looks like we may be in for a bumpy ride.

just like my Edward Jones app, im not opening this until Nov 1.

im pulling a 'gmr lenten sabbatical"

see yall in November. lol

FYI- the insurance market in SE LA is upside down. If we get another storm this year, all bets are off. We are currently seeing rates DOUBLE that of last year for HIGHER deductibles for those LUCKY enough to have a carrier offering Wind/Hail coverage.

If you arent, the ONLY other avenue is thru La Citizens Fair Plan whose rates are even more.

Such a mess.

Last edited:
We're rapidly approaching that time of year. Looks like we may be in for a bumpy ride.

I know many people on the forum visit the beaches of the Gulf Coast. We had a boy get dragged out of his father's grasp in the high surf this past weekend. Still hasn't been found. Seems like every year, someone's child is killed swimming when we have high surf/rip tide warnings from storms. Please stay out of the water when you see the double red flags.

Some of the names this year... Fiona and Gaston (Sound cajun to me), Hermine (feel like it needs an O), Shary (late season could be Scary), Tobias (likely wearing Jorts), Virginie (e?? hope it's a typo)...

I'll start following more closely in the near future. The gulf is always primed for hurricanes,but other factors come
into play. SAL,ULL"s over the atlantic and carribean. We'll see how these play out

“predicting above-average hurricane activity this year — which would make it the seventh consecutive above-average hurricane season”

What’s a “normal” season, and when does that baseline change?

I found this on Wikipedia, I don’t know if it’s where these “normal” numbers come from though.

”On average, 10.1 named storms occur each season, with an average of 5.9 becoming hurricanes and 2.5 becoming major hurricanes (Category 3 or greater).”

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom