2023-2024 What CFB Prospects are you following (1 Viewer)

RB’s
Zach Charbonnet would be a good replacement for Ingram.

Gibbs from Bama is kind of a Patterson clone

Achane from A&M, he’s small but fast and powerful, would be AK’s fill in

Achane is a playmaker. Being a LSU fan, I hated what he did to us last night, but I enjoyed watching him throughout his career. Dude is only 185lbs. It will be interesting to see what he does in the NFL.

Probably not coming out this year with Hooker's injury, but Milton is looking like someone worth looking at. Absolute rocket of an arm and his accuracy has gotten far better than what he showed at Michigan.

Well ladies and gents, we are now entering one of the best times of the year, the football season.

While we don’t know where or who the Saints will be drafting, we are all watching some college football player, and hoping that the Saints take them. So who are you following? Who should we keep an eye out for?
When I looked at the thread title I read CBD not CFB.
After this season that seems like a more sensible prospect.

i like that penix jr guy. he gets the ball out at a decent time and is pretty accurate.
Penix looks really good, poised, can make all the throws, and pretty accurate. Haven’t watched him enough to tell how well he reads defenses but he’s a good pocket QB that can run when needs to, not a 1 read and take off guy.

Achane is a playmaker. Being a LSU fan, I hated what he did to us last night, but I enjoyed watching him throughout his career. Dude is only 185lbs. It will be interesting to see what he does in the NFL.
I haven’t watched much of A&M and thought Achane was just a speedster but that kid is strong too. He’s listed at 5’9” 185lbs. As fast as he is, if he can add maybe 10-15 lbs he could be another Maurice Jones Drew type RB in the NFL.

Even w/the loss, & injury, i still think Caleb Williams is one of, if not the best QB prospect on deck. If we skip out on QB, or even end up drafting a Day 2 guy, i think/hope we make a run at C. Williams in 2024 when we do have a 1st RD pick.

To me Caleb Williams is better than Stroud, Young, Levis or any of the guys in the 23 draft. Say what you will about Lincoln Riley, he sends 1st RDers & franchise QBs into the draft. His QBs all have super star potential, & to me, Williams looks like he’s the best of the bunch. Caleb Williams has all the traits of a #1 overall pick. That dude has Aaron Rodgers arm & Jalen Hurts legs. If things dont improve & we stay the way we are, we’ll totally be in line for his services come the 24 draft.

Even w/the loss, & injury, i still think Caleb Williams is one of, if not the best QB prospect on deck. If we skip out on QB, or even end up drafting a Day 2 guy, i think/hope we make a run at C. Williams in 2024 when we do have a 1st RD pick.

To me Caleb Williams is better than Stroud, Young, Levis or any of the guys in the 23 draft. Say what you will about Lincoln Riley, he sends 1st RDers & franchise QBs into the draft. His QBs all have super star potential, & to me, Williams looks like he’s the best of the bunch. Caleb Williams has all the traits of a #1 overall pick. That dude has Aaron Rodgers arm & Jalen Hurts legs. If things dont improve & we stay the way we are, we’ll totally be in line for his services come the 24 draft.
I agree Caleb Williams is a phenomenal qb prospect but he needs to grow up. His fingernails gimmick before each game and his childish body language and pouting after the game last night was bad. My wife walked through and saw him on Sportscenter and said he is making faces like Zach Wilson and that ain’t good.

I agree Caleb Williams is a phenomenal qb prospect but he needs to grow up. His fingernails gimmick before each game and his childish body language and pouting after the game last night was bad. My wife walked through and saw him on Sportscenter and said he is making faces like Zach Wilson and that ain’t good.
I feel you & noticed the same thing at the time. Weird thing is that he’s not usually like that. But at the same time he is a 20 year old millennial. Not making an excuse for the guy, but after watching the post game press w/Williams, Lee & coach Riley i kind of see why he was the way he was. Williams did get hurt pretty bad, they lost a big game, & he put the L on his shoulders. Williams is just a different dude, i guess. His in field product is undeniably elite though. Here’s the post game press.

The season being what it is, ive totally began looking forward. Theres a bunch of guys ive started liking this year, but these are the guys ive been most familiar w/over the last couple of season. Would love to see us land any one of these dudes.

S Brandon Joseph NW/ND: This dude has been my favorite player for the last 2 college seasons. The guy is a true hawk. Seeing as how our Safety play has fallen off this year, Joseph would be a perfect fit. He can play single & 2 high, as well as the STAR. Joseph has a lot the traits Marcus Williams had. Sideline to sideline range, the uncoachable hawk instincts, & he’s a better tackler who has legit thump as a striker.

EDGE Isaiah Foskey: This dude is a true EDGE zombie (not the slow ones from Walking Dead, but the ones from Black Summer that relentlessly attack at 100mph). Captain Cam isnt getting younger, Davenport is still a mystery 5years later, & who knows what we really have in Turner. Foskey has all the physical measurables we covet in our DEs(height & length) & has true speed to power. The dudes bullrush is tailor made for the team.

QB Tanner Mckee Stanford: Love everything about Mckee. He’s got all the tools & measurables you want in a franchise QB. Only problem is, outside of Mckee, Stanford is average at best on offense across the board. Mckee’s weapons are good (Eli Higgens is a big dude & TE Yurosek is solid) but the OLine is suspect at best. Mckee seems to be perpetually under pressure. Sucks cause that dude makes pro level throws & has an NFL arm, but he has no weapons. He has all the makings of being a better pro than college player. Especially if he goes to a team w/weapons. A team like us. Mckee is better more athletic & instinctive version ofDavis Mills.

QB Jake Haener Fresno St: He may not get much hype, but Haener’s a true baller. Love the arm variance (touch, ball placement, & plus arm strength). He’s a quick decision maker & very mobile. He may get dinged on his size, & he doesnt have a cannon arm. But in terms of our current offensive philosophy, Haener would shine in our system w/his quick decision making & accuracy.

QB Bo Nix Oregon Auburn/Oregon: Hey, we all saw him at Auburn & it is what it is. But man…this dude seems reborn in Oregon. The dude seems like a different guy now & he’s straight ballin! This new Bo Nix is very interesting to me. I’ve become a fan. Imagine if Taysom Hill ran less but had a cannon arm & could actually go through progressions & throw the ball w/consistent accuracy. That guy is Bo Nix.

RB Tank Bigsby Auburn: Straight up, if you watch college football, who hasnt seen or heard of Tank Bigsby? That dude is lowkey, the most complete RB in college football. If he was the pick in RD 2, i’d be all good w/that. AK paired w/Tank would give us 2 elite ground & air threats coming out of the backfield. That dynamic would be a godsend to whoever we end up at QB.

Wish i could add some highlights. Maybe i’ll update is later.
I'm with you on Jake Haener. I think he has the It factor. Quick release, very accurate. Goes through his progressions very well.

I feel you & noticed the same thing at the time. Weird thing is that he’s not usually like that. But at the same time he is a 20 year old millennial. Not making an excuse for the guy, but after watching the post game press w/Williams, Lee & coach Riley i kind of see why he was the way he was. Williams did get hurt pretty bad, they lost a big game, & he put the L on his shoulders. Williams is just a different dude, i guess. His in field product is undeniably elite though. Here’s the post game press.

Don’t get me wrong, if he is there when we draft 2024, I’m drafting him. He has all the skills, he doesn’t have to do the extra like painting nails, etc. Just go out there and sling it and run when you need to.

I'm with you on Jake Haener. I think he has the It factor. Quick release, very accurate. Goes through his progressions very well.

Ya, Haener totally fits the existing offensive philosophy to the letter. The smart is decision making, hair trigger release, the pocket presence, accuracy & accuracy under pressure would be a perfect fit at QB. That dude is scrappy as all hell too. In my opinion, i see a lot of Brees-like traits in Haener’s game.

College kids now are actually Gen Z, not Gen Y (Millenials) and they are even more different than Millenials.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom