2023 offseason: so far, so good (1 Viewer)

They killing it.

Carr is the best option they had at QB in the last couple years. Cheaper than Watson and didn't give up any draft picks. Him signing means we get one more year with Michael Thomas. Created a lot of hype.

We are remaking the defensive interior line and adding more weight which should help a run defense that suffered significantly last year. Also frees up our linebackers to be even better than last year. Sucks about Elliss but the reality was he's a luxury.

Signed a great compliment to Kamara.

We're setup perfectly in the draft now. We filled needs so we're not forced to take anyone but they weren't such big investments that we can still draft guys and they'd have a role.

After the previous offseason, I am very impressed with how well they are doing right now. The Sean Payton exit must have completely turned them upside down, but this season Loomis and Ireland are getting it done.

No question on the surface they had a plan A, B and C.

Need a better than average QB. Check
Need to replace underperforming middle of D-Line. Check.
Need a RB to replace AK for at least 6 games. Check.
Need a veteran WR to go with two young promising WR's. Check.

Still to go:
Another veteran WR.
Edge rusher.
Back-up LB.

So far we have given ourselfes the ability to draft BPA for top open spots.

Well done so far!

I agree. I'm ecstatic about the moves we've made, and the value of those moves. It took all of 1 day for Mickey to sign replacements for the players we lost, while saving money and getting a little younger. Elliss is the one player that it hurt to lose, but his success sample size was half a season, and I think we can find a replacement in the draft. A+ so far.

Also, all those comp. picks coming next year... 🤤

Be careful, SR is a funny place, show optimism and people tell you youre crazy and the sky is falling. Criticize the coaches/players and boom they write you up.
On the latter, it's not what you say, but how you say it. Know the rules here. Constructive criticism of players and coaches is not an issue. Calling them garbage is not constructive.

Agree with the OP. I am cautiously optimistic about next year.

You would think last season would have taught me a lesson, but I guess not. :)

If Dennis Allen cannot have this team looking significantly better with this upgraded roster then he will definitely be gone next year. I am hoping he pulls it off.

Williams is a short yardage/goalline machine that can be the 1st and 2nd down back to take the weight off AK.
There's also a new layer of unpredictability at the goalline with Williams and Taysom back there. Both of them can run you over and both have enough speed to get around the edge, if needed.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom