21 days and counting!! (1 Viewer)

AKSaintsFan

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
I am coming home to New Orleans to visit. I am currently in South Korea and going to be spending close to a month with my parents, sister, friends. I cannot wait to get a break from this place and be home!!

I wil be in N.O. from 15 Dec until 11 jan. I hope that I can get together with a few of you while there for a drink or a few.

I wish I could be there to greet you. be safe!

You're too old to enjoy New Orleans. Let one of those 18 - 22 first timers come home instead!

Glad to see you managed to keep your skin in one piece, AK. :)

You're too old to enjoy New Orleans. Let one of those 18 - 22 first timers come home instead!

Glad to see you managed to keep your skin in one piece, AK. :)

My skin is in one piece, it is my mind that I worry about....lol. And you as well as I know, one is never too old to enjoy N.O., but even more family!!

This is my midtour. My 9.5 month mark of being away from my kids actually. My youngest is flying into N.O. for 2 weeks to be with me, and I should be done and back to Spokane by April.

This has been the hardest year of my life actually. Came to Korea a married family man and will be going back a single dad, by no choice of my own.

All that said I will "enjoying" N.O. and my family and friends there like a 18-22 year old!!

Sorry to hear about your family situation, AK.

On the plus side, you'll avoid the nasty weather in Spokane this time of year.

Dang AK. I hate to hear about another Korean casualty. Hang tough bro.

My skin is in one piece, it is my mind that I worry about....lol. And you as well as I know, one is never too old to enjoy N.O., but even more family!!

This is my midtour. My 9.5 month mark of being away from my kids actually. My youngest is flying into N.O. for 2 weeks to be with me, and I should be done and back to Spokane by April.

This has been the hardest year of my life actually. Came to Korea a married family man and will be going back a single dad, by no choice of my own.

All that said I will "enjoying" N.O. and my family and friends there like a 18-22 year old!!
Dang bro, hate to hear that.
I've told every new airman that I've ever met to get a remote over and done with before you get yourself into a situation where it hurts more than it should. Not that this is your situation. It just seems that I have seen your current situation play out over and over.
Good luck.

Dang bro, hate to hear that.
I've told every new airman that I've ever met to get a remote over and done with before you get yourself into a situation where it hurts more than it should. Not that this is your situation. It just seems that I have seen your current situation play out over and over.
Good luck.

The loss of my family had begun before ever coming to Korea. I lost my wife a long time ago, as she puts it. But hurricane Katrina put the nail in the coffin. My ex is a paramedic with AMR, she was sent down to N.O. since we are both from the area. She was farmiliar with the area and could be a big help they thought. It was actually during hurricane Rita that she had an affair, well, consumated her relationship with her AMR paramedic partner sent from Oakland. I found out about it a month after she returned. We went through counciling, only for her to dump me 2 months after I got here. So, Korea only contributed to me not being able to be close enough to try to save what little I still had of my mariage.....

We may have lived in Washington state, but Hurricane Katrina was pretty devastating to my home also.

The distance and the time apart during any deployment or remote tour does not help a marrige already in trouble.

I am pretty good now....actually cannot wait to get back to my kids and new life!!

My midtour trip home will be th first time I set foot on U.S. soil since the divorce and is a well needed break.

I look foward to having so much fun!!

AK, if I can manage to swing one of the games, first beer's on me bro.

BullDawg, would love to have a beer with you. I am going to be in Crowley for the 17th game. Should be in town for the others. Still trying to get tickets on the ticket board for my Mom, Dad, son and me for the Caroina game. Am begining to think that is a lost cause...lol

Either way would be great to meet up with a few from here.

My son will be with me 20 Dec till 5 Jan. I will be down from 15 Dec till 11 Jan. When he is with me I don't think I want to leave him for a second. Miss him way to much to give up any time, since I will have to come back and finish the tour till late April. Any other time would be cool!!!

The loss of my family had begun before ever coming to Korea. I lost my wife a long time ago, as she puts it. But hurricane Katrina put the nail in the coffin. My ex is a paramedic with AMR, she was sent down to N.O. since we are both from the area. She was farmiliar with the area and could be a big help they thought. It was actually during hurricane Rita that she had an affair, well, consumated her relationship with her AMR paramedic partner sent from Oakland. I found out about it a month after she returned. We went through counciling, only for her to dump me 2 months after I got here. So, Korea only contributed to me not being able to be close enough to try to save what little I still had of my mariage.....

We may have lived in Washington state, but Hurricane Katrina was pretty devastating to my home also.

The distance and the time apart during any deployment or remote tour does not help a marrige already in trouble.

I am pretty good now....actually cannot wait to get back to my kids and new life!!

My midtour trip home will be th first time I set foot on U.S. soil since the divorce and is a well needed break.

I look foward to having so much fun!!
Man, I am so sorry to hear that. Good luck to you!

5 days and counting!!! I will arrive in New Orleans from Korea 15 Dec 5:30pm!!! I also want to take this time to thank ST. Michealfan for hooking me and my son up with tickets to the Saints vs. Panthers game. Brother, I could not ask for a better Christmas present!!

I will be staying at my parents home in Marrero untl 12 Jan. I hope I can meet a few of you before the game on the 31st. I will have my 9 year old son with me and taking the Algiers ferry early, making our way down to the Dome. I will try to make a day of it with im in the city!!

If anyone is interested in meeting up please PM me and I will give you my contact information.

Good to hear about the tickets. I was trying to score a couple for you but didn't want to say anything until it was a done deal. Now I can stop fretting about it. :D

Thank you for trying!! Will you be in the New Orleans area? I would love to have a beer or few with you. I can PM you my contact info at my parents home if you think there might be a possiblity of hooking up.

Steve

Steve...I found out late today that my quest for tickets was futile. But, at the this time I'm still seriously considering coming down for New Years. My grandfather isn't fairing too well so my mother won't be making a trip up here for Christmas. I figured I need to take the boys down there to spend a couple of days with her and I need to visit my grandfather before it's too late.

I sure don't see any reason why I shouldn't be able to party with everyone else pre/post-game. I can always catch the game from somewhere in the Quarter. :D

Go ahead and shoot me a PM. I'll let you know one way or the other.

Have a good flight home.

ps...be prepared for a long trip home. When you hit about 30,000 ft they'll start opening up the bags of cuttlefish which is not the best aroma to have around when you drinking the warm beer they serve on KAL.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom