21 unanswered 4th quarter points. (1 Viewer)

I don't know what would be worse. Us not making a Super Bowl since 2009. Or the 49ers making 2 Super Bowls since then and blowing both.
I may be in the minority, but just the opportunity to play in the SB means a lot. It gives you a 50% chance of winning before the kickoff. I’ll always take a 50% chance over not being in the game. Kinda sucks that the Niners went to a SB, endured losing seasons in a rebuild, then reached another one before we made it back again.

JG is a game manager type QB. Those guys have won Superbowls but in the last 20 years the only time they did was with all time elite defenses. Not even necessarily with the greatest defenses for that year. All time elite like Tampa and Baltimore. San Fran had a good defense but nowhere near those classifications.

so they are in a rea trick bag imo. How do they proceed?

I may be in the minority, but just the opportunity to play in the SB means a lot. It gives you a 50% chance of winning before the kickoff. I’ll always take a 50% chance over not being in the game. Kinda sucks that the Niners went to a SB, endured losing seasons in a rebuild, then reached another one before we made it back again.

I'm pretty sure every Bills fan, if they are being honest, would take one appearance and one victory in 2010 over the "greatest dynasty that never was."

True, this^ did happen.
But some of the reasons wasn't our fault.
Just saying.

I'm pretty sure every Bills fan, if they are being honest, would take one appearance and one victory in 2010 over the "greatest dynasty that never was."
That’s not what I was referring to. The post that I quoted was “what is worse, us not getting back to a SB or SF going twice and losing both”. It’s only about us or them, excluding any championship prior. Any fan would take a championship, that’s a given. It’s which would they rather......not getting back to the SB or getting there, only to lost them. In the current state of the Bills fans, I’m sure they would be happy just getting back to the SB, winning one, or trading 4 SB appearances for just one title. However, IF I was a Bills fan, I’d accept the fate that was I dealt. Dudes had 4 straight tries and came away empty handed. That empty trophy case is by their own doing. Sorry, 4 tries is more than the majority of the teams had and I would have to put the failures on the team and move along. One unsuccessful try, completely understanding, two unsuccessful tries, still understanding, three unsuccessful tries, on what’s the deal? Four unsuccessful tries, we don’t deserve to win. That’s reality.

True, this^ did happen.
But some of the reasons wasn't our fault.
Just saying.
Yeah, last year was not our fault, point taken. But at the end of the day, we were not the ones playing in the SB last year. You and I could harp on the missed call, but we still had ample opportunities throughout the game to win, but we failed.

As Saints fans we all owe Kyle Shanahan a lot. He found a way to lose two Super Bowls for our two of our most hated rivals. Even when it looked like victory was assured, he dug deep and found a way.

Now he just needs to go to Dallas...

I'd take a first round exit 10 times out of 10 instead of enduring a 28-3 type of collapse in the Super Bowl.

I'd take a first round exit 10 times out of 10 instead of enduring a 28-3 type of collapse in the Super Bowl.
Agreed 100%. I’m ok with losing a SB, but in that kind of fashion would be too embarrassing. I would be left with the thought of “was my team better than their’s”??? I’d rather my team just get blown out instead of that. At least I’d have closure of who was the better team.

I think after the second Mahomes interception, the niners D got cocky and relaxed.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom