#218 overall - New Orleans Saints poll (2008 "Experts" Mock draft) (1 Viewer)

With the #218 overall selection in the 2008 NFL Draft, the New Orleans Saints select . . .

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

LSSpam

Practice Squad
Reaction score
For those unaware, we've been running a 31 team mock draft on the SSF, located here
The SR.com 2008 7-round Mock Draft {***now drafting***} - SaintsReport Community Forums

We've decided to leave the New Orleans Saints selection up to the SSF at large.
The Saints have already selected

CB Leodis McKelvin
DT Trevor Laws
OLB/DE Shawn Crable
TE Kellen Davis
RB/FB Jacob Hester

I've included most plausible options at #218 at most positions.

The picks right before
(180) 14 StL (from den) - OG Mike Gibson, California
(181) 15 Car - RB BenJarvus Green-Ellis, Ole Miss
(182) 16 Phi (from min) - OG Robert Felton, Arkansas
(183) 17 Den (from hou) - P Durant Brooks, Georgia Tech
(184) 18 Phi - RB Mike Hart, Michigan
(185) 19 Ari - CB/FS Michael Grant, Arkansas
(186) 20 Was - CB Zachary Bowman, Nebraska
(187) 21 Ari (13from KC(from TB)) - OT King Dunlap, Auburn
(188) 22 Phi (from cle) - WR Pierre Garcon, Mount Union
(189) 23 Pit - FS Jonathan Hefney, Tennessee
(190) 24 Ten - OT Kirk Barton, Ohio State
(191) 25 Cle (from sea) - OLB Mike Humpal, Iowa
(192) 26 Jac - OT Breno Giacomini, Louisville
(193) 27 SD - QB Ryan O'Hara, Central Oklahoma
(194) 28 NYG (from GB) - C Kort Lichtensteiger, Bowling Green
(195) 29 Dal - WR Chaz Schilens, San Diego State
(196) 30 TB (18from Ind) - DT Nick Hayden, Wisconsin
(197) 31 NE - C/OG Cody Wallace, Texas A&M
(198) 32 Ind (21from NYG) - OLB Stanford Keglar, Purdue
**(199) 33 NYG - S David Roach, TCU
**(200) 34 Phi - RB Thomas Brown, Georgia
**(201) 35 Ind - FS DJ Parker, Va. Tech
**(202) 36 Ind - DT Maurice Murray, New Mexico State
**(203) 37 Phi - WR Adrian Arrington, Michigan
**(204) 38 Mia - ILB Jeremy Leman, Illinois
**(205) 39 Ind - OT Brandon Keith, Northern Iowa
**(206) 40 Bal - DT Jason Shirley, Fresno State
**(207) 41 Cin - WR Paul Hubbard, Wisconsin

Round 7

(208) 1 Phi ((11from Mia)(19from NYG)) - LB Ben Moffit, USF
(209) 2 Min (from stl) QB Matt Flynn - LSU
(210) 3 Cin ((13from KC) (17from Ari)) OT Thaddeus Coleman - Mississippi Valley St.
(211) 4 NYJ OT/OG Corey Clark - Texas A&M.
(212) 5 Atl CB Brian Witherspoon - Stillman
(213) 6 Oak DT Carleton Powell - Va. Tech
(214) 7 SF WR Darius Reynaud, West Virginia
(215) 8 Bal Craig Stevens, TE, Cal
(216) 9 Det - LB Jolonn Dunbar, Boston College
(217) 10 StL (from cin) - DT Frank Morton, Tulane
(218) 11 NO

We haven't gone o-line yet and we need someone to push Goodwin, so I'd go with Spanos.

I just have a good feeling about Dixon..

Wallace Gilberry, we still are short on depth at DE. He had a 10 sack season for Alabama last year, good character kid, great motor and 4 year starter in the SEC.

I just can't see us drafting Dennis Dixon. He is an inconsistent QB that wants to run to quickly. His fundamentals are poor and he played in a spread offense. He is exactly what you DON'T look for in a West Coast QB. Yeah, he may get moved to a WR but why draft a guy that is too skinny, on the slow side and has never played the position when we could draft a WR that has played the position and has better measurables. Sadly, he will probrably win the poll because people recognize the name.

I went with Lynch. We need someone to replace Gleason. Lynch is a special teams monster. Also though, he can play. He defeated two of the top QB's in the draft Flacco and Henne. ( yes i know Brohm and Ryan are atop.) I really like this guy. I don't think we need Vick on our team.

I went with Dixon. I hear that he wow'd at his pro-day in terms of accuracy and velocity despite being on one leg...I wouldn't mind taking a flyer on him. One of the centers may be available at UDFA, but I don't think a QB like Dixon will be.

I went with Lynch. We need someone to replace Gleason. Lynch is a special teams monster. Also though, he can play. He defeated two of the top QB's in the draft Flacco and Henne. ( yes i know Brohm and Ryan are atop.) I really like this guy. I don't think we need Vick on our team.

I agree. We missed out on Jamie Silva (stupid Oakland Raiders!) in round five and I think Lynch makes up for it, especially in round 7.

Here's a part of his write up from NFL.com:

"Compares To: JOHN LYNCH-Denver...It is a coincidence they both share a last name, but there are many similarities in their game. The collegiate Lynch needs to improve his overall strength to generate punishing tackles John Lynch displays, but he made marked improvement as a senior. With a good offseason weight-training program, he could be ready to contribute in nickel and dime packages in his first pro season. Lynch shows the same ball-anticipation skills and field awareness as the elder Lynch and does not have that blazing speed you look for to mirror receivers in the deep secondary, but with his ability to locate the ball and makes plays inside the box, he might earn a starting job quicker as a strong safety at the next level."

You can read the rather lengthy full analysis at: NFL Events: Draft Player Profiles - Corey Lynch

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom