25 points allowed in 3 games (1 Viewer)

Icon

Veteran
Reaction score
In.....3......games.

Most times we would look at 25 points allowed by the defense IN A GAME and think "okay we just gotta get 4 TDs".

I found myself actually enjoying the defense taking the field, whereas many times in the recent past I just viewed them as a means to an end.

Why did it take half the season for them to come around? And how can so much talent suck so bad at the beginning of each season then turn into a power house at the end?

It drives me crazy!

Why did it take half the season for them to come around? And how can so much talent suck so bad at the beginning of each season then turn into a power house at the end?

It drives me crazy!

Dude, you are PREACHING to the choir. We have such a consistently good team but we keep on throwing away one or two games every September and if we could just stop getting off to those rocky starts we'd be the #1 seed every year.

It drives me crazy!
This year, I think it had to do with Malcom Jenkins. He is playing a critical role in our 3 S sets but it took a few games for that all to come together. He is new to this defense even though he was here in 09. Once he and they gelled the DB coverage picked up and the d line began to feed. Add Davenport coming back to the d line rotation and it all came together.

Jmo based on what I think I saw. :)

In.....3......games.

Most times we would look at 25 points allowed by the defense IN A GAME and think "okay we just gotta get 4 TDs".

I found myself actually enjoying the defense taking the field, whereas many times in the recent past I just viewed them as a means to an end.
And we also only gave up one TD during that time (plus 6 fgs). Great stuff!

The boys are ballin'!

It drives me crazy!

To paraphrase Bobby Hebert in previous weeks....."the best secondary is a pass rush".

When they started getting consistent pressure up front, things immediately changed for the better.

And we also only gave up one TD during that time (plus 6 fgs). Great stuff!

The boys are ballin'!

Holy sheet! I didn't even stop to think about how that was the way the 25 points were distributed. I mean, I obviously knew we didn't allow a TD today or at the Bucs but my brain just hadn't registered the totality of it all til I read your post.

It drives me crazy!
is it a coincidence they started playing like this when Davenport returned?

It drives me crazy!
I prefer that over starting hot and falling into a hole once we reach the Playoffs

1 game was a bad offense (Chicago) but TB and the failed ones are high power offenses... Put thain perspective and its more impressive

For the first time in a long time I was waiting for the other offense to get the ball back. I wanted to see those junkyard dogs get after it up front. That was just nasty.

I think we have the best D line rotation in the league. We have dudes and then more dudes behind those dudes. And we don't even have Rankins right now lol.

I'm trying to remember the last time we had a D line this filthy. The only line that jumps to mind is the Haslett era with Darren Howard, La'Roi Glover, Norman Hand, Joe Johnson, and Willie Whitehead. Those were some bad dudes.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom