N/S 28-3 Will Continue To Live On!!! (1 Viewer)

In the NHL, 10 times has a team 0-3 made it to game 7. 4 of those teams won the championship. The Falcon's choke job loses ZERO cred from an NHL choke. the NHL is not the NFL, it aint even the NBA, and the 73-9 Warriors losing a 3-1 series doesn't even compete with 28-3.

Man, I have never felt so bad for a team & fanbase that I'm not a fan of until tonight. What a brutal way to go. Nearly close to history like that.

With the Florida Panthers protecting their lead and winning the Stanley Cup, 28-3 is still the most embarrassing blown lead in sports history!!!!
Lol, a lot of Falcon fans have to be seething so bad on the inside. This was their ultimate chance to fully get over it.

The NHL is a different beast. And it wouldn't have been the greatest choke in NHL history either. No matter what happens in other leagues or sports, the 28-3 choke is the biggest choke in Superbowl history, and the biggest choke in all of sports.

The big factor IMO is the way possession of the ball/puck and the rules for changing possession work. In hockey, basketball, soccer, possession is contested at all times, and it can change at any second. You miss a shot, an errand pass, ball leaves the field, and possession changes. In hockey is even worse, you lose the player who hit the puck out of the rink. In football, you get the ball, no matter what, and you have every advantage to hold onto the ball. Incomplete pass? You get the ball. Fumble out of bounds (except for endzone? You keep the ball. At the time the score was 28-3, the Clowns needed just 2 1st downs, and the Patriots would not have had time to come back.

Baseball, both teams get the exact same chances at bat, there is no field position advantage, and there is no time limit. So the Yankees choking a 3 game lead to the Red Socks is still not a bigger choke than the Clowns' epic, GOAT choke.

All Hail 28-3, the GOAT choke in the history of humankind sports!

Last edited:
OMG I have this burning desire to go back and find the gameday thread on here from that 28-3 super bowl :ROFLMAO:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom