28th in Rushing last year... (1 Viewer)

ronno1

Reaction score
Now after 3 games we are #2 in the leauge. In the past 2 games the spotlight has widened to include our run game. Our air game is second to none and now we are showing that we can run the ball and with multiple personell at that. This is one dangerous juggernaut that has been unleashed on the NFL. The whole of last week the talk was how the Bills HAD to keep Brees off of the field and the run game was virtually not discussed...that of course was due to the fact that we led the leauge in total yards last year almost totally in the air. We just threw a huge monkey wrench into the defensive playbook of each team we play this year. Granted Brees did not have a typical Brees type game this past week but that was due mostly to the gameplan to esablish the run. There were many 3rd and long passing downs and we ran the ball. Many people stated, along with myself, before the season started that if we could improve our defense to "average" we had a huge shot at going deep into the post season. Well, our defense now is at #10 and played like monsters against the Bills. I know we have only played 3 games but 3 out of 16 is 19% of the schedule and that is good enough to make a projected trend and right now our trend is looking sweet. It's not just the awesome air attack now....it's also what is looking like 1 bad@ss rushing game. We are going to give defenses fits. SAINTS-RAVENS SUPERBOWL.

what we are seeing s that defenses are trying to stop our pass now.. not that they werent before but i think now that is there main focus... so what you see now is our running game reaping the benefits.. this also why reggie played this week... our defense has also helped our rushing so its a perfect storm. sounds like a good nickname if you ask me... Perfect Storm

Carl Nicks is the man!! Jamaal Brown is primarily a pass blocker and it is more evident than ever with him out.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom