2nd round pick; John Carson TE? (1 Viewer)

Rudy

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
How do you feel about John Carlson, TE out of Notre Dame, as our 2nd round pick? Where would he fall on your big board?

Saintaholic

<><><><><><><><><><><>
Reaction score
If we do pick a TE in round 2, it won't be this guy. I'm thinkin' Fred Davis.

Furious One

I'M HAPPY ON THE INSIDE!
Reaction score
I've been wondering myself if Payton was going to grab a TE this year fairly high, seeing as there was nothing to be had in the FA market and we haven't had a lot of luck with TE's lately except for Billy Miller, who's done great as a backup and situation player. Good hands, always shows up. But we do need a guy that can get in there and be a superstud at the position.

So for my 2 cents, it might be a good idea, if all our other FA defensive players work out and we draft a stud defender in the 1st.

Saintaholic

<><><><><><><><><><><>
Reaction score
I dont think we've heard the last of the Shockey rumors.

guillermo

Visible minority
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Carlson is good news bad news for the saints if interested.

Bad news for Carlson is that he had a terrible combine, i think his stock may be falling. Add to that the terrible season of Notre Dame and suddenly the guy may not seem so attractive. However, the guy is a player.

Good news for the saints is that the guy may be now a third rounder, even a fourth round.

OP

Rudy

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
Carlson is good news bad news for the saints if interested.

Bad news for Carlson is that he had a terrible combine, i think his stock may be falling. Add to that the terrible season of Notre Dame and suddenly the guy may not seem so attractive. However, the guy is a player.

Good news for the saints is that the guy may be now a third rounder, even a fourth round.

Thanks for the info.

Reaction score
Carlson is a 3rd more likely 4th round guy. Horrible combine and not a great season i would rather cottam out of Tenn. or Finely out of Texas

CRESS_137

Formerly known as Born_A_Saint
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Rucker from Mizzou is also a nice prospect.
I think Jermichael Finley will be great though.

DrudkhFan

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
[FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-2]Martellus Bennett is the best TE to pick with our 2nd round pick, in my opinion. Fred David is good as well, but I like [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-2]Martellus Bennett better.
[/SIZE][/FONT]

whiteshadowen

Millsaps TC forever
Reaction score
There should be a quite a few more talented players than him available when we pick in the second. I would be extremely disappointed with that pick.

guillermo

Visible minority
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hey, I am more on taking Carlson in the fourth or even the third then any of the others in the second. It is true that Bennett and Davis are better, but I prefer to use our second rounder on defense.

I still think Carlson is a good player, and can be a refreshing surprise if we take him; but not with our second.

OP

Rudy

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
Hey, I am more on taking Carlson in the fourth or even the third then any of the others in the second. It is true that Bennett and Davis are better, but I prefer to use our second rounder on defense.

I still think Carlson is a good player, and can be a refreshing surprise if we take him; but not with our second.

Well, maybe the question should be who would you take in the second.

CHI-TOWNSAINT

More than 15K posts served!
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
God, I hope we don't give up a 1st for him.

If we are sitting at 10 and Dorsey, Ellis, Rivers and whoever else we have rated high is off the board, I would not be surprised to here Tagliabue say "There has been a trade with the tenth pick". "The New Orleans Saints are trading the tenth pick to the NY Giants for Jeremy Shockey and this years 4th round pick."

If that scenario came to fruition, I would not be surprised.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom