2nd round pick; John Carson TE? (1 Viewer)

Rudy

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
How do you feel about John Carlson, TE out of Notre Dame, as our 2nd round pick? Where would he fall on your big board?

If we do pick a TE in round 2, it won't be this guy. I'm thinkin' Fred Davis.

I've been wondering myself if Payton was going to grab a TE this year fairly high, seeing as there was nothing to be had in the FA market and we haven't had a lot of luck with TE's lately except for Billy Miller, who's done great as a backup and situation player. Good hands, always shows up. But we do need a guy that can get in there and be a superstud at the position.

So for my 2 cents, it might be a good idea, if all our other FA defensive players work out and we draft a stud defender in the 1st.

I dont think we've heard the last of the Shockey rumors.

Carlson is good news bad news for the saints if interested.

Bad news for Carlson is that he had a terrible combine, i think his stock may be falling. Add to that the terrible season of Notre Dame and suddenly the guy may not seem so attractive. However, the guy is a player.

Good news for the saints is that the guy may be now a third rounder, even a fourth round.

Carlson is good news bad news for the saints if interested.

Bad news for Carlson is that he had a terrible combine, i think his stock may be falling. Add to that the terrible season of Notre Dame and suddenly the guy may not seem so attractive. However, the guy is a player.

Good news for the saints is that the guy may be now a third rounder, even a fourth round.

Thanks for the info.

Carlson is a 3rd more likely 4th round guy. Horrible combine and not a great season i would rather cottam out of Tenn. or Finely out of Texas

Rucker from Mizzou is also a nice prospect.
I think Jermichael Finley will be great though.

[FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-2]Martellus Bennett is the best TE to pick with our 2nd round pick, in my opinion. Fred David is good as well, but I like [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-2]Martellus Bennett better.
[/SIZE][/FONT]

There should be a quite a few more talented players than him available when we pick in the second. I would be extremely disappointed with that pick.

Hey, I am more on taking Carlson in the fourth or even the third then any of the others in the second. It is true that Bennett and Davis are better, but I prefer to use our second rounder on defense.

I still think Carlson is a good player, and can be a refreshing surprise if we take him; but not with our second.

Hey, I am more on taking Carlson in the fourth or even the third then any of the others in the second. It is true that Bennett and Davis are better, but I prefer to use our second rounder on defense.

I still think Carlson is a good player, and can be a refreshing surprise if we take him; but not with our second.

Well, maybe the question should be who would you take in the second.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom